Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Shipping Ammo

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Shadow, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Shadow

Shadow Conyers, Georgia, United States Member

I was looking to bid on ammo on GunBroker.com. Wanted to know if there are any restrictions to having ammo shipped to me from out-of-state sellers?

2. NK777

NK777 West of Portland Member

It's not an issue. I believe it has to be shipped ground but there is no hazmat fee or anything else to worry about. Comes to your door out of the brown truck (UPS)

I bought a case of 00 Buck off gunbroker, 308 (7.62x51) from ammoman.com, and more 308 (7.62x51) from ammotogo.com

Comes right to your door but I do think you have to be home to recieve it. I don't think they'll leave you 1000 rounds on your front door step.

3. chiefchip

chiefchip Rainier, Oregon Member

all they want is usually a copy of your drivers license

4. Shadow

Great! Thanks!

The Gun Broker seems to be the only place to find 9mm ammo in quantity. I went to Dicks and they had roughly 10 boxes of Remington 9mm but I made the mistake of thinking I could come back the next day and they'd still be there. They weren't.

5. NK777

NK777 West of Portland Member

6. GED

GED North Idaho Active Member

Ordered a box of Corbon DPX .380 from Cabela's-arrived yesterday. Have a box of Hornady Critical Defense on order-good company, customer service IMO.

7. Shadow

Just got back from WallyWorld in Woodburn. They had 6 boxes of Federal 9mm (at least until I bought them) and 6 boxes of 100ct Winchester 9mm. They limit purchases to 6 items or I would have bought the Winchester also.

8. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

A trick I learned. Take your wife let her buy some too. My wife loves helping me.

9. unionguy

unionguy Portland Active Member

Comes right to your door but I do think you have to be home to recieve it. I don't think they'll leave you 1000 rounds on your front door step.[/QUOTE]

I just received some .308 from ammoman via UPS...and they did just leave it on my doorstep...I was pretty surprised!

But...its not problem getting it shipped. One place (aimsurplus), about 2 years ago, made me send them a copy of my drivers' license, probably to verify age.

10. TACTICALAMMUNITION

TACTICALAMMUNITION OREGON New Member

I am a bit new to posting so please excuse me if this is wrong but if you are looking for some .223, 308 or 50cal ammunition we are manufacturers in oregon and we have some available right now. We also have some large and small rifle and pistol primers in right now and have some extra. So if you need some let me know. Visit our websight at tacticalammunition.com thanks

11. hapuna

hapuna Seattle, WA Member

I believe the only issue with shipment of ammo is that the box must be properly marked showing it contains ammo or something.

12. TACTICALAMMUNITION

TACTICALAMMUNITION OREGON New Member

The only thing you need to do with shipping up to 50 cal. Ball ammunition via ground is to mark the outside of the box "ormd" "cartrtrages small arms". That only applies to shipping via ground though. Shiping via air there is alot more you need to do.