JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a rifle in OK. My better have took possession of a new house. We had some of my guns along with the rest of the household stuff moved down there. I am staying in the house in WA until it sells. My question is can I legally ship a rifle back to WA without going through a ffl.i found this on the nics website.

Any person may ship a firearm to himself or herself in the care of another person in the State where he or she intends to hunt or engage in any other lawful activity. The package should be addressed to the owner "in the care of" the out-of-State resident. Upon reaching its destination, persons other than the owner must not open the package or take possession of the firearm.

Mail it to yourself at your new address. and put care of your wife on it
But only you can open the package
Doesn't matter if long gun or hand gun
I think only ups will let you mail handgun without ffl though

No go USPS WAY cheaper. And they don't care. The local small stores are sometimes better they are more likely to deal with that sort of thing. Some of the post offices are very "ignorant" about it...they get all puffed up and say "your not allowed to bring weapons onto federal property" but guess what...you are! You can look this up on the USPS website for yourself. I usually just tell them I'm shipping machine or mechanical parts. It's vague and that way I'm not lying either. Go with the flat rate shipping it's tracked and comes with $50 insurance...you would of course want to pay for extra insurance just in case. I was going to say the local office here gets a stack of pistols several times a week for the sportco right down the steet. Oh and fyi...no matter what I wouldn't tell the clerk it is indeed a gun it's legal but it's kind of a grey area and can be a pita having to enlighten or do thier job for them and show them the chapter and page iny thier regulations that prove it. Plus some peoples opinions overwhelm/override the laws might be inclined to stress the process.

No go USPS WAY cheaper. And they don't care. The local small stores are sometimes better they are more likely to deal with that sort of thing. Some of the post offices are very "ignorant" about it...they get all puffed up and say "your not allowed to bring weapons onto federal property" but guess what...you are! You can look this up on the USPS website for yourself. I usually just tell them I'm shipping machine or mechanical parts. It's vague and that way I'm not lying either. Go with the flat rate shipping it's tracked and comes with $50 insurance...you would of course want to pay for extra insurance just in case. I was going to say the local office here gets a stack of pistols several times a week for the sportco right down the steet. Oh and fyi...no matter what I wouldn't tell the clerk it is indeed a gun it's legal but it's kind of a grey area and can be a pita having to enlighten or do thier job for them and show them the chapter and page iny thier regulations that prove it. Plus some peoples opinions overwhelm/override the laws might be inclined to stress the process.

No pistols via USPS..
Screen Shot 2016-12-04 at 11.33.23 PM.png

Handguns require UPS/FedEx etc and they have different rules.

Well MAYBE the laws have changed in the last couple years since the last time I mailed one. Not really sure and don't really care. Although the next time you snub me for trying to point something out and help someone maybe you can read the thread and topic which is about rifles...which you CAN still legally ship through USPS.

Plus idk why your pointing out my statement about pistols because like I JUST said it's still legal to ship pistols through them. Maybe if you actually look it up instead arguing...
432 Mailability | Postal Explorer

You can google these.
18 U.S.C. 1715,

"Parts of handguns are mailable, except for handgun frames, receivers or other parts or components regulated under" Chapter 44, Title 18, U.S.C.
And if you bother looking this up you can mail the frames as well for the sake of my argument...if you read my statement you SHOULD know what my argument was. As it was simply stated and even highlighted by yourself. It's ok I forgive you...

I don't know why your bothering to quote the atf. Who doesn't govern the mail. If you own the gun YOU OWN THE GUN... And per the atf you ARE allowed to mail in care of. Can always go ask a postal employee...
Plus I'd be willing to bet even if it's not legal now you could try and they would just mail it back to you since you should be the return address as well if it's an honest mistake.
Not that I'm volunteering but I'd bet a few schmeckles.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top