JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am negotiating a trade with a 20 year old member who wants to ship an SKS to my FFL (for me) ..... As I understand it anyone can ship a rifle to an FFL via USPS or UPS. Please advise ..... thanx!

I am negotiating a trade with a 20 year old member who wants to ship an SKS to my FFL (for me) ..... As I understand it anyone can ship a rifle to an FFL via USPS or UPS. Please advise ..... thanx!

I chatted with your seller yesterday and advised him to go to the UPS hub in PDX on Swan Island. Should be easy, they are used to shipping rifles.

He will need to put "rifle" in the desription, and I told him to take the copy of the FFL it is going to with him to UPS as proof in case they question it.
I've never been asked for it though.

They will want to know it is going to an FFL. They will ask. Never been asked for proof though.

Thanx all, I also suggested he just pack it up and send is USPS Parcel Post as it seems cheaper. Copy of FFL in the box with a copy of the sellers phot ID, and a spare copy of the FFL handy in case they ask ...

I do the same thing I used to do when I was an FFL. I ask the dealer to send me a redacted copy of his license. Fax or email is fine for my records. Then I send him the gun with a copy of my drivers license and an invoice. If the dealer refuses to send a copy of his FFL as has happened twice then I advise the buyer to find a different dealer or take a refund. Easy as that.

I do the same thing I used to do when I was an FFL. I ask the dealer to send me a redacted copy of his license. Fax or email is fine for my records. Then I send him the gun with a copy of my drivers license and an invoice. If the dealer refuses to send a copy of his FFL as has happened twice then I advise the buyer to find a different dealer or take a refund. Easy as that.

Had a rifle sent to me from New York State last month from a Non FFL.
Sent them a copy of my FFL via e-mail and they sent the rifle UPS with a copy of their drivers license and a reciept with pertinate info in the box.
Shipping was $22.50.

I accept shipments from individuals so long as they include a photo copy of their valid state picture ID or an invalid state picture ID with a valid copy of military orders and some proof of a current address. Part of the requirements for bound books is logging name and address of the person you received the firearm from.

USPS will take long guns only from individuals, UPS and FedEx will take them all. Hand guns need to go overnight.

I accept shipments from individuals so long as they include a photo copy of their valid state picture ID or an invalid state picture ID with a valid copy of military orders and some proof of a current address. Part of the requirements for bound books is logging name and address of the person you received the firearm from.

USPS will take long guns only from individuals, UPS and FedEx will take them all. Hand guns need to go overnight.

+1

When I shipped my Rem. #1 Rolling Block to a smith in WA the UPS store here in OR would not take it until I told them that i was shipping it on my own UPS account. I don't know what their issue was, but that's the deal.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top