JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK bought a rifle and want to send the one I had to the kid in CA.
I said I'll need the address of your FFL
He said his FFL,in CA,told him he didn't need a FFL for long guns.(he was in AZ ,calling the FFL to see WTH? if he bought something over there)
If he bought a rifle he could just send it home.

Now is that the difference? Cause he would have been sending it to himself?
I would rather send it to the FFL and foegettaboutit

Thanks
Mike

No you have to send it to a FFL, I just got done dealing with the same issue sending a AR15 lower to Connecticut, I just had to have their name and address then the lady at the post office packaged it and sent it. Now if it had been a handgun you would have to overnight it.

Hope this helps.

Oh also a good reference is the ATF website, thats what I did, I also called the FFL before sending it.

OK bought a rifle and want to send the one I had to the kid in CA.
I said I'll need the address of your FFL
He said his FFL,in CA,told him he didn't need a FFL for long guns.(he was in AZ ,calling the FFL to see WTH? if he bought something over there)
If he bought a rifle he could just send it home.

Now is that the difference? Cause he would have been sending it to himself?
I would rather send it to the FFL and foegettaboutit

Thanks
Mike

A lot of FFL's in CA will charge $70+ for a shipment from out of state. But I'm confused who bought what and who is sending where :)

I bought a new rifle and am giving my kid the old one.

HE was in AZ shopping and asking his FFL the same question,but I believe he got info about sending rifles to himself.
(its Oaktree Range up by Magic Mountain)

And I don't care how much my free rifle costs him lol

And rockstar///,I believe you are correct and my kid is wrong.

Then it has to go via FFL. Federal law doesn't exempt gifts from parent to child across state lines from FFL transfers, they only have such
exemption for inheritance. But you know, if you gifted him a rifle before he moved to California...:rolleyes:

Yeah That's what I told him.
Thanks
Mike

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads