JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A friend of mine that lives in Oregon and is working a short term project in Idaho. He would like me to send him his handgun that I have been storing for him. Does anyone know the legal in's and out's and the best way to do this without breaking any laws?

Too bad your buddy did not pack up HIS gun for shipping to HIMSELF prior to leaving. It is legal to ship your own firearms to yourself......

Q: May a nonlicensee ship firearms interstate for his or her use in hunting or other lawful activity?
Yes. A person may ship a firearm to himself or herself in care of another person in the State where he or she intends to hunt or engage in any other lawful activity. The package should be addressed to the owner. Persons other than the owner should not open the package and take possession of the firearm.

https://www.atf.gov/content/firearms-frequently-asked-questions-unlicensed-persons

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top