JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would like to ship my son's handgun to him in Iowa. He is 21 years old and attending college in his senior year. He has a valid CHL in Oregon that is recognized in Iowa. I doubt that has any bearing on shipping the weapon, but I thought I would put it out there if it helps. So I have three questions:

1. Is anyone on this forum familiar with the exact procedure to ship such an item? I am sure it involves at least one FFL holder, but I have had trouble getting a straight answer from a couple gun shop employees.

2. Does anyone on this forum perform such a service? From reading posts I know there are some FFL holders on it from time to time.

3. Short of that, can anyone recommend someone that will ship it in the Salem area?

Thank you all in advance.

You should take it to an FFL near you and pay his fee plus shipping.

Your son will receive it from an FFl near him and will pay that FFL fee plus any taxes that apply.

It will then be in his name.

Have him locate an FFL that will receive it and transfer it to him there. The FFL will give him a file copy of his license. He will mail the copy to you. You take the license copy and the pistol to FedEx and they will ship it for you. I have used "Postal Connections" in Dallas to perform this service. They packed the pistol and put the FFL copy in the box and shipped it.

I believe Mongo is correct in the fact that YOU can ship it to an ffl on the kid's end.Some of the private UPS and fedx stores won't do this for you so you may need to go to a proper shipper's facility

As stated you can ship to an FFL, but it must be overnighted to him. Just get the FFLs info, double check the info with the ATF website to be safe, and ship it to the FFL.
FedEx can do it, but again, it must be overnighted.
Last year I shipped to a FFL In MA and it ran me about $100

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads