JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Okay I did a search here and on the internet and I just want to ask a question so I make sure that I'm thinking correctly.

I'm selling a shotgun to someone in PA and I live in WA. Now I know that as a non-FFL licensed person I cannot ship directly to him, I have to ship to a FFL holder in his state correct? All I need is a copy of his dealer FFL to give to (or include) on the box for the shipping agency correct?

And when it comes to shipping, I can ship shotguns through the USPS and UPS and FedEx to his dealer correct?

So am I right in this thinking or do I have something wrong? Is it easier, and recommended, to ship from dealer-to-dealer?

Thanks!

You cannot ship via USPS unless you are an FFL. All shipments of guns must be shipped to FFL with I believe a copy of your driver's license, if they even accept from non-FFL holders. Every shipping agency I've encountered has an "overnight only" for firearms. It is easier and probably cheaper to find an FFL to ship it for you if you are shipping a shotgun; the "overnight only" rule won't apply and you can ship cheaply on USPS.

-kaoboi503

You cannot ship via USPS unless you are an FFL. All shipments of guns must be shipped to FFL with I believe a copy of your driver's license, if they even accept from non-FFL holders. Every shipping agency I've encountered has an "overnight only" for firearms. It is easier and probably cheaper to find an FFL to ship it for you if you are shipping a shotgun; the "overnight only" rule won't apply and you can ship cheaply on USPS.

-kaoboi503

Sorry, that only pertains to handguns ....... You 'can' ship longuns to an FFL who will accept from a private seller ...... copy of their FFL and a copy of your Photo ID is usually asked for. Been doing it for years ....... ATF Legal ......

I decided to just be on the safe side and not deal with the hassel, I called a local gunshop who said they would transfer and ship it for $50. Good enough for me. Thanks for the info peeps!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top