JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a PS M10 and a Lage Max10/31. It's awesome and runs great but I worry about the "slop" between the upper and lower wearing the pin hole. I've read that often people have their PS lower modified to make that area a little tighter but the prevents use of the original upper. Anyone ever made shims for that purpose?

If you are talking about the weld in tab reinforcements, as long as you have them done by someone reputable and they don't mess up, then you're right that it will reduce potential play there.

You can also just make some plastic or rubber shims if you want.

I have 1 welded and 1 original and the difference isn't huge.

The tabs should cost you $8 or so, but getting someone to weld them in and refinish may be highly expensive considering the replacement costs on the lower.

Also, pin holes can be repaired and I would almost suggest just buying the tabs and sitting on them until you actually need them. Once the hole wears out you can spend the bucks to repair/weld anyway.

If you can make the tabs and weld them in. You should have no problem grinding down the sides of your old upper. Thats what RPB did when they converted Powder Springs guns.
I do have problems milling on something like that. It's a personal thing. The tooling is there.

I don't have a way to phosphate those areas though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top