JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well finally got out and ran about 200 rounds through my new 1.0 Shield 9mm. I as very happy with it loved how it shot. Minimal recoil very pleasant to shoot. I was a little skeptical due to the reviews I've read and heard about it being snappy. Granted I only put 115g FMJ through it. I may even like it better than my full size M&P 9mm. I'm still itching to try out a M&P 2.0 Compact. Thought about the .40 Shield as well. While out I shot a .45 for the first time ever it was a Colt 1911 that was a first as well. It was very nice to shoot.

Well finally got out and ran about 200 rounds through my new 1.0 Shield 9mm. I as very happy with it loved how it shot. Minimal recoil very pleasant to shoot. I was a little skeptical due to the reviews I've read and heard about it being snappy. Granted I only put 115g FMJ through it. I may even like it better than my full size M&P 9mm. I'm still itching to try out a M&P 2.0 Compact. Thought about the .40 Shield as well. While out I shot a .45 for the first time ever it was a Colt 1911 that was a first as well. It was very nice to shoot.

My Shield 9 is my all around favorite pistol. Easy to charge, decent trigger, low felt recoil, just the right size for concealed carry.

Ok what's the favorite carry ammo for the Shield 9mm. Right now I have Spree Gold Dot 124g +P

I use the same Gold Dot as well as Hornady Critical Defense +P 124 gr.
Mrs 3M carries 115gr Gold Dots.

From what I have read the Hornady bullet outperforms the Gold Dots, but it might be yet another Chevy vs. Ford argument. I think both will get the job done reliably.

I use the same Gold Dot as well as Hornady Critical Defense +P 124 gr.
Mrs 3M carries 115gr Gold Dots.

From what I have read the Hornady bullet outperforms the Gold Dots, but it might be yet another Chevy vs. Ford argument. I think both will get the job done reliably.
Yeah right now here where I live ammo is in short supply I got a small amount of carry ammo the rest of it is FMJ 115 grain.

I have one of the first Shield 9mm to hit the Tacoma area. I really like it and it's my summer carry gun. I have it loaded with Remington Golden Saber 124 grain +P right now because I got a great deal online and stocked up.

Mine does have the thumb safety and I wish someone would make an extended thumb safety. So far, no luck.

I currently carry mine in a Milt Sparks Summer Special IWB. I'm a big fan of the Summer Special and also have one for my 1911. It's not a cheap holster but quality seldom is. I highly recommend it. The Shield just disappears under a t-shirt.

Shields are popular for a reason. I've tried all 3 and each one is accurate and reliable. The 45 shield is surprisingly tame for how small it is. Even the 40s snap isn't so bad on some higher loads.

I am still wanting to get their newer 2.0 SC's. You also have plenty of aftermarket for it. Glad you enjoy it! :)

Well just picked up a Blade Tech Total Eclipse holster. For my Shield I was very luck to get it. Went to Cabelas to look for a holster. That was the only shield holster they had in the entire holster section at the Cabela's in Tuallitan.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top