JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Retail was $450, got it for less, he could have easily charged me much more. Tom is an upstanding guy. No, unfortunately only one in stock and the rest on back order with unknown expected arrival dates. To tell the truth, this one wasn't even for sale, it was a "show and tell" gun incase someone wanted to handle one. The guys at Lost Creek Armory, in Bend, had pity on me and sold it to me. If there is one gun shop where the owner does it for the love of guns and not just for money, it's Tom.

It really isn't bad. I had a full size MP40 and the recoil is similar. I have had a hard time finding mags, I did pick one up at the gun show this weekend. I love the accuracy and the concealment, I carry it I a uncle mikes in the pocket holster.

Thanks. How's the recoil on that thing? Seem like a 40 would kick quite a bit in such a small package.

8-round magazines for the Shield are extremely hard to find, while 7-rounders are everywhere. Everybody is after the bigger one, since presumably it is a bit better at the range (and as a backup magazine).

Quite frankly, it is not a range gun at all. You will not impress anyone with your groups as much as you can with a full-size M&P, and the magazines run out fast so you either have to reload them constantly, or haul a ton of loaded ones from home.

I've run about 2000 rds through my sheild 9mm and tonight lost a rear sight insert , for the second time. Front one once, rear one once. I shot my new P238 pearl for the first time tonight and could say after a half box I was out shooting the sheild before the lost sight.

I've run about 2000 rds through my sheild 9mm and tonight lost a rear sight insert , for the second time. Front one once, rear one once. I shot my new P238 pearl for the first time tonight and could say after a half box I was out shooting the sheild before the lost sight.
Yeah but a p238 while very nice is almost twice what a shield is costing.

I lost my front one after 100 rounds. I just put tritium sights on it at that point. Glad I did!

Glad to see I'm not the only one that shoots the Shield with the first joint of the finger on the trigger.

Tried to use the recommended pad of the finger but doesn't feel right with this gun so small

Great review and love my Shield, well worth the 4 month wait

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top