JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nope - not yet. Still a ton of people over at the Smith & Wesson forum complaining they can't find one. I think you're not hearing much because everyone knows they just aren't widely available and if you happen to come across some they are gone in a hurry - both 9mm and .40.

Gotta say I love my .40 - perfect carry size for me and a feeat shooter.

I am still hyped about my Shield, I have run about 2000 rounds through it , and look forward to going to the range on Thursday and running another 100 through it as long as the range gets there shippment of ammo.

I am interested in the Shield. It's list is 449. I am not willing to pay 550 - a common asking price, nor 700 a typical bid sale on one one of those gun auction sites.
So I wait and look ....

Was on a waiting list for the Shield 40 since April 2012, I was #2 on the list. Just received the call Jan 28th 2013. Two days before my birthday! Nice present I'll say :s0155: Paid $449 + tax (quoted $418 back in April). Picked it up the 29th, cleaned it up and went out on my birthday to test it out. Had 1 FTF and 1 FTE in the first magazine load. Operator error as I see it. I tightened my grip a little and no further incidents with either the 6 or 7 round magazine. The accuracy was surprising to me, being such a light handgun. It's 5oz lighter than my Kahr MK40, 3/4" longer and 5/8" taller with a minutely .1" longer barrel. Overall on my first outing, I would say it ranks up there with the best of the small 40's, those I've shot. I like it better than the 9mm Ruger LC9, Sig P290 and the Sig P232.
MPShield409481.jpg

MPShield409481.jpg

I was on a list last month at the Gun Zone. They quoted me $425. 2 weeks later they called and said I could come pick it up.Next, they said,"oh,BTW, the price is now $550". Didn't feel like getting gouged, so I turned it down. Will wait for them to be more readily available, and at MSRP

Found .40 Shields in stock at Al's ArmyNavy in Florida for $449 plus $25 shipping. No 9mm. I confirmed they had them in stock via phone.
http://store.alsarmynavy.com/40-sw-c240.aspx

Also, Little Bear Gunshop in Hillsboro shows a XDS for $599 in stock. I think everyone just got a shipment but they are going fast. Cornelius Fred Meyer had two last night at 7pm and they were gone by this morning at 8am.

I went by Fisherman's today around 12:45 hoping to meet their truck and maybe a 9mm Shield. No dice. Guy behind the counter told me their trucks were being used solely for the PNW Sportman's show for the last few days and they wouldn't be getting a shipment till tomorrow. I'll be there again because they expect it to be big. Probably won't have a shield but, I might get lucky.

I just got a Shield used LNIB and a new XDs. Took them to the range for the first time yesterday. Loved them both but I gotta say that XDS is a rocket! Now if it only carried 17 rounds... Will post pics after coffee. :s0114:

Screwy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads