JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm hearing Shields in 9mm are starting are starting to be more accessible. Northwest Armory shows a huge shipment lately on their Facebook page. I am going to try one soon, at theMSRP of $419.Should be a nice addition at that price.Impatient people that paid $550-600 lately are most likely pissed now

I think I lucked out! I was at my LGS the other day looking to buy a new gun safe when I noticed a 9MM shield for $409. Sold!

I only bought it because I know they are hard to find. Out the door w tax I was around $440... I figure if I shoot it and don't like it I will list it for what I paid. Not more than I paid! I'm banking that I will like the gun but if I sell it I won't gouge to make $100 bucks.

They had 6! But Longview Bobs surplus is kinda far from Puget sound.

I did post on here so others could buy one. Saturday they sold out.

Oh... and I kinda wanted one but was on the fence and figured I would never find one at a decent price.

I would certainly pick up a Shield in 9mm if I stumbled on one, for normal retail only. The Shield was the gun I was wanting to fondle, thinking of buying for CC. Well that didn't work out, you couldn't find one before SHTF. As BATTERY said, if I didn't like it, it would fly from the classifieds at a resonable price.

Mike

It's just slimmer and fits a purpose. If the gun helps people carry and feel comfortable I say it's a raging success. Just like Glock fans.. We want one of each model.

After owning a Kel tex, Taurus slim. The shield feels like gold. Comparable sized guns.

I'm debating between a Shield and a Nano, though with Shields nowhere to be found I think that decision might be made for me. Would really love to find the Shield in .40, but I'm still unsure about the felt recoil since I haven't been able to fire one in that caliber yet.

I am really torn between the Shield and a Walther PPS.

I like the availability of holsters and accessories for the Shield - and the price - but the Walther keeps pulling me back.

Pretty set on getting the Walther, I would hate to get a Shield only to regret it.

Anyone shot both and have an opinion?

This would be my carry weapon - looking for something concealable yet something that I can shoot well (why I sold my LCP, I didn't feel like in a life/death situation it provided the performance or manageability - handling, controls, etc. - that I would trust my life with).

I personally didn't like the feel / ergonomics of the shield when I handled one, having said that I did like the concept. The PPS felt much more comfortable and manageable just to manipulate, my only reservation was the increased price and the H&K style mag release...

It's top of my wife's to buy list so I guess I will have to try and find a shield again to compare!

The xds does not disappoint but 5rds of .45 is a horse of a different color. Ergonomically I like the Shield over my xds and being 9mm allows me to rotate ammo throughout my stable and practice at less cost. My Sigs are full size so not relevant to this sub-compact thread but the Sig quality is startling. Get the shield even at a bit of a premium and enjoy this special little carry.

The xds does not disappoint but 5rds of .45 is a horse of a different color. Ergonomically I like the Shield over my xds and being 9mm allows me to rotate ammo throughout my stable and practice at less cost. My Sigs are full size so not relevant to this sub-compact thread but the Sig quality is startling. Get the shield even at a bit of a premium and enjoy this special little carry.

I prefer the Xds over the Shield. I was just mainly wondering on the p938. I have the 380 and P229

i have found shields and many other of the same type of guns everyone is looking for with no waiting list. lol i will let everyone know when i get mine then the secret will be out. but i like the idea of teh 9 compact. its so close in size

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top