Shield 9mm hype over?

Reactions
Nope - not yet. Still a ton of people over at the Smith & Wesson forum complaining they can't find one. I think you're not hearing much because everyone knows they just aren't widely available and if you happen to come across some they are gone in a hurry - both 9mm and .40.

Gotta say I love my .40 - perfect carry size for me and a feeat shooter.

Reactions
Was on a waiting list for the Shield 40 since April 2012, I was #2 on the list. Just received the call Jan 28th 2013. Two days before my birthday! Nice present I'll say :s0155: Paid $449 + tax (quoted $418 back in April). Picked it up the 29th, cleaned it up and went out on my birthday to test it out. Had 1 FTF and 1 FTE in the first magazine load. Operator error as I see it. I tightened my grip a little and no further incidents with either the 6 or 7 round magazine. The accuracy was surprising to me, being such a light handgun. It's 5oz lighter than my Kahr MK40, 3/4" longer and 5/8" taller with a minutely .1" longer barrel. Overall on my first outing, I would say it ranks up there with the best of the small 40's, those I've shot. I like it better than the 9mm Ruger LC9, Sig P290 and the Sig P232.
MPShield409481.jpg

MPShield409481.jpg

OP
J
Reactions
I was on a list last month at the Gun Zone. They quoted me $425. 2 weeks later they called and said I could come pick it up.Next, they said,"oh,BTW, the price is now $550". Didn't feel like getting gouged, so I turned it down. Will wait for them to be more readily available, and at MSRP

Reactions
Found .40 Shields in stock at Al's ArmyNavy in Florida for $449 plus $25 shipping. No 9mm. I confirmed they had them in stock via phone.
http://store.alsarmynavy.com/40-sw-c240.aspx

Also, Little Bear Gunshop in Hillsboro shows a XDS for $599 in stock. I think everyone just got a shipment but they are going fast. Cornelius Fred Meyer had two last night at 7pm and they were gone by this morning at 8am.

Reactions
I went by Fisherman's today around 12:45 hoping to meet their truck and maybe a 9mm Shield. No dice. Guy behind the counter told me their trucks were being used solely for the PNW Sportman's show for the last few days and they wouldn't be getting a shipment till tomorrow. I'll be there again because they expect it to be big. Probably won't have a shield but, I might get lucky.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course Webinar (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Washington, USA
Rimfire Challenge Feb 13th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Paul A Martin Historical Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great shop, selection and atmosphere
    One of the better firearm shop experiences I’ve had, Paul is very patient and helpful. Definitely going to be a repeat customer even though it’s...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Service! A+
    Steve is a very nice guy and very easy to work with. I've done business with him a few times and will continue to.
    5.00 star(s)
    Great guy!
    Steve is a great guy to deal with!
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Nice Home Shop
    Had what I wanted at a good price. Messaged me when in stock.
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Service
    Steve is an excellent guy to deal with. After looking at some Form 4 items at another dealer who didnt seem interested in my money, i emailed...
Top Bottom