JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
[video]http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/young-guns-diane-sawyer-special-21694484[/video]

Just be a parent and teach your kids about guns! Also you better not leave the car keys laying around, or your meds, or your cleaning products or your gas oven or your.................

Just proves that you need to teach safe gun handling to your own kids and have them take an Eddie Eagle course.

Oh yes, more children accidentally drown in backyard swimming pools than are accidentally killed with guns.
"If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is."
The Chicago Sun-Times.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

" Every day approximately five children are injured or killed on a nationwide basis as a result of handguns. The primary cause of youth-involved shooting rests with the fact that children find loaded handguns in the home – and natural curiosity leads them down the road to disaster."

This is the 1st stat I came up with in a search^^. I'm sure the stats are all over the place but I would think poisonings including meds would be massively higher, my Niece almost died this way. Anyway I think they are softening us up for something like mandatory safes or something because over the past few days I've seen/heard about this, kids, guns and accidents being a huge problem from various news sources. Maybe Obama is going to "use his phone and pen" to get something done. I smell a rat anyway.

I've told my kids if your over some ones house and you see a gun or another kid playing with one, GET AWAY, TELL AN ADULT! NEVER TOUCH ONE IT MIGHT BE REAL, IT MIGHT BE
LOADED. I add graphic details and a bunch of made up stats about lost limbs, eyes death etc.. When my youngest sees a person in a wheel chair and whispers to me why? I tell her probably running in to traffic or gun shot victim. They are so PARANOID I'm gonna have a hard time getting them in to shooting later! I'm as confident as I can be that if out of my sight and they encounter a kid playing with their Dad's gun, they will run.
As for loaded or unsecure guns in my house, I won't do it yet. I know there are ways for secure quick access but don't feel an urgent need now. Nothing against those that do safely.
Either way, Diane Sawyer, the CDC, my pediatrician and the govt., It's up to me as a parent, not you! Quit disguising your hatred of the 2nd amendment as concern for our kid's safety. It's soooo transparent!

Had my Kids shooting with me as soon as they could walk. Got them used to me shooting and when old enough taught them handling and safety and from day one they knew the damage it could cause.
Blow up water bottles, watermelons, shoot through steel plates, and showed them they were not toys..
Conditioned them to safe handling, unloading, safetys, direction of the muzzle and every aspect.

They became naturally respectful and comprehended the damage they could cause right from the beginning.
They saw it and felt it. I never hid anything from them. Also that every gun was a loaded gun. No exceptions ever !

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews