Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

sherwood shooting place ?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by herman76, Feb 27, 2011.

1. herman76

herman76 sherwood or Member

Hey, any places to shoot around sherwood , beside the gun club , thanks!

2. SquackDaddy

SquackDaddy Marion County Member

I don't know of any, personally. May I ask why you don't want to shoot at the gun club there? It's a GREAT place to shoot!

3. herman76

I had to check it out, do you know how much is the fee?

4. SquackDaddy

SquackDaddy Marion County Member

Herman, The cost to join Tri-County Gun Club, www.tcgc.org consists of a $175 initiation fee plus $120 a year for membership. You must also be an NRA member at the time you join. I believe membership runs from June to June, so when you join, your membership fees will be pro-rated according to what month it is. The price is a little steep in some people's eyes, but it has been the best money I've spent in recent years. Once you get past the initiation fee, it breaks down to $10 a month......a bargain if you ask me! The facilities are very well maintained, and in the past several years that I've been a member, I have not had a single problem or issue while there. I'd be happy to meet you there some day and give you a tour. Let me know if you'd like to check it out.

5. herman76

Hey thanks, I live in sherwood and would like to take your offer, I get off at work at 6pm or any weekend,thanks again !

6. tlfreek

tlfreek Vancouver WA Active Member

yea - it is a bargain for what you get no doubt. I would say tho that if anyone is interested in joining......... NOW is the time to do it. when I joined a few months back the membership cap was 4500 - when I went through there were 4300 or so existing members plus the 70 from my group. last sat there were 102 new members. Very very quickly this will turn into most other gun clubs with a waiting period - unless they decide to raise the membership cap.

for what it costs me in diesel to go up to shoot in Memaloose - this will pay for itself very quickly - I suspect I am half way there now.

7. herman76

Thanks, i'll try to get in