JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://mynorthwest.com/11/2639148/Sheri ... und-checks

Clallam County Sheriff: Stop calling about gun background check measures

Just two days after voters passed I-594 expanding gun background checks in Washington state, the Clallam County Sheriff's Office says it's been overrun by people calling with questions and concerns.

Officials are pleading with people to stop.

"I had probably a dozen calls alone this morning," says Kaylene Zellar with the Clallam County Sheriff's Office.

Zellar says many of the people calling don't seem to realize the law wouldn't take effect until next year after the legislature reviews the measure and makes it official.

"It's citizens who don't want to break the law and they're trying to figure out how they can manage their firearms in their home without being in violation," she says.

The calls are getting in the way of the department handling emergencies, Zellar says.

"We don't have any information that would be helpful to them because we don't know exactly what the state law is going to entail," she says. "So we're asking people to stop calling."

:s0115: we need to keep calling even "king" and bug the bubblegum out of satterburg this is only the beginning
King County Prosecuting Attorney's Office
King County Courthouse, Room W554
516 Third Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104-2362
(206) 296-9000

http://www.kingcounty.gov/Prosecutor/contactus.aspx

Zellar says many of the people calling don't seem to realize the law wouldn't take effect until next year after the legislature reviews the measure and makes it official.

Everything I've seen says it takes effect next month. Here's KUOW
Alan Gottlieb was the sponsor of the I- 591. He has said he will explore a legal challenge to I-594. Barring that lawsuit, the expanded background checks take effect when the election is certified next month.

I actually contacted the Clallam County Sheriff's office about it and here is part of their response to me.

It appears our information in exactly when I 594 takes effect was incorrect. We attempted to check our resources but the information was not at hand and our efforts to throttle down the inquiries to our civil section backfired with an erroneous press release.

It appears that the likely future for I 594 is that the Secretary of State will sign the Initiative into law on or about 12-4-14, (30 days after the election).

Cloward-Piven the system.

Role reversal this time. Do it and flood the system until it breaks!

Boo-firiggin'-hoo. The sheriffs' shoulda been more proactive about it BEFORE 11/4. They want to be the enforcement arm of the .gov, well, there you go. Deal with it.

Well this is what those SOB leaders in Washington wanted.. Inundate the bubblegum out of the system. It'll die down soon enough..
But still.

I hope they unplug the phone it gets so busy.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top