JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When lawmen oppose gun laws, that’s a bad signal

The New York Times reported yesterday – the same day that American gun owners observed “Guns Save Lives Day” – that hundreds of county sheriffs, including all but seven in Colorado, are refusing to enforce new laws in their states adopted in response to last year’s Sandy Hook tragedy.

<broken link removed>

I really, really do hope they are with us because there's a massive posse base out here willing to do whatever is required for liberty

Therefore I would hope they are on the right side so we can stand next to each other and not facing each other

and-- Sheriffs Refuse to Enforce Laws on Gun Control--

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/16/us/sheriffs-refuse-to-enforce-laws-on-gun-control.html?_r=2&

My fav part is when Sheriff Cooke says that nowhere in the oath he took does it say he has to uphold every law the legislature passes.

and-- Sheriffs Refuse to Enforce Laws on Gun Control--

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/16/us/sheriffs-refuse-to-enforce-laws-on-gun-control.html?_r=2&

My fav part is when Sheriff Cooke says that nowhere in the oath he took does it say he has to uphold every law the legislature passes.

These are Good Patriotic Sheriffs and deserve all the support that can be given them.

Article surprises me - From the left wing NYT.
Look at the idiots comments at the bottom. You can bet they are screened and no Conservative views are aired.

When lawmen oppose gun laws, that’s a bad signal

The New York Times reported yesterday – the same day that American gun owners observed “Guns Save Lives Day” – that hundreds of county sheriffs, including all but seven in Colorado, are refusing to enforce new laws in their states adopted in response to last year’s Sandy Hook tragedy.

<broken link removed>

No that is a good signal when we have Any LE supporting us.

These are Good Patriotic Sheriffs and deserve all the support that can be given them.

Article surprises me - From the left wing NYT.
Look at the idiots comments at the bottom. You can bet they are screened and no Conservative views are aired.

And especially no revolutionary views. Revolution against Constitution wreckers is patriotism

Dave means a Revolution is beckoning and indeed it is. You tyrants take note

Even the Cali Sheriffs Association is on board

So while I agree with the Sheriffs, I am also concerned by this mindset in some ways. The problem is with an official of the law picking and choosing which laws to enforce. That effectively makes the law enforcers also the law creators, which breaks down the three branch system. With that said, I do accept that this already happens from a logistical standpoint. Officers aren't going after marijuana dispensaries despite Federal laws, and they choose to ignore other stupid or outdated laws like "ethical" laws.

People should be communicating with their legislatures instead of placing this sort of political decision on the shoulders of a law officer. Is really not his position.

As citizens we all have the right to disobey unConstitutional laws

If the other 3 branches fail it is We the People who take over

Picking and Choosing which laws is a direct result of Unconstitutional tyranny and the move to democracy and not standing up as a republic of your prez. He does it every day you can spend all the time you want talking to these assclowns in congress and go nowhere. Liberals are in lock step and republicans are to busy changing there panties and depends to stand up and fight. So can we just get over that fact that talking and normalcy bias is happening to not see the real truth and while everyone is just talking or eyes closed the tyranny marches on. I am starting to see how Hitler got on over the Jews then it was too late to avoid the train ride.

So while I agree with the Sheriffs, I am also concerned by this mindset in some ways. The problem is with an official of the law picking and choosing which laws to enforce. That effectively makes the law enforcers also the law creators, which breaks down the three branch system. With that said, I do accept that this already happens from a logistical standpoint. Officers aren't going after marijuana dispensaries despite Federal laws, and they choose to ignore other stupid or outdated laws like "ethical" laws.

People should be communicating with their legislatures instead of placing this sort of political decision on the shoulders of a law officer. Is really not his position.

It is their position !
Polititions are out of control and out of touch. We have zero representation anymore and getting worse.
I get behind these sheriffs 100% !
They are elected and they back their constituents. That is how it is supposed to work. The Congress, Senate and especially the current administration tramples the constitution daily.

Few realize that sheriffs are the ultimate local power with the ability to mobilize the militia (posse) and even arrest fed bad doers

would you agree if they passed a law that said to shoot any child in the knee over the age of 10 to prevent any more kids from running from the cops?

would you agree if they passed a law that said to shoot any child in the knee over the age of 10 to prevent any more kids from running from the cops?
I believe I already addressed that.

I believe I already addressed that.

What their Job is .... To uphold the US Constitution first by the Oath they take.
Then to uphold the laws of the country. A law that goes against the Constitution is an invalid law.
They know that and are standing by their oath. As we are. The oath is a lifetime commitment, not a temporary one
that can be over ridden by any politician at their whim.
It is very simple.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top