JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ohio-attorney-general-marijuana-grow-operations-found-near-executions/

After 8 people of the same family executed last week, the sheriff tells surviving family members to "be armed".

sounds reasonable except wait....
  • you didn't get your CHL license. Thats ok because open carry is legal in Ohio... except well, in your vehicle. Maybe taking your gun on and off several times a day is ok though when someone is after your bubblegum.
  • Your the one family person who was smart and got your permit but you cant carry in the store because they have a sign and in Ohio signs carry the weight of the law. Maybe taking your gun on and off several times a day is ok though when someone is after your bubblegum. Nobody has ever been murdered in a parking lot...
  • its ok in Ohio to pick up your kids from school if you have your CHL except you cant leave your vehicle. Im shur that will be ok most of the time, except for the times you need to go inside... life goes on and your kids have school functions. No worries though as hitmen would never off someone in a school.
  • your other kid is in daycare... cant carry there even with a permit. No worries though as hitmen would never off someone at a daycare center not even in the parking lot.
  • maybe if your on good terms with the anti-gun pastor you can convince your place of worship to let you CC on Sundays... cause well, you know...
  • life goes on and with everything that's happened you've missed 2 weeks of your college class and need to get back in there to pass. Don't worry about the hitman after you because he cant lawfully bring his gun into the school either....
  • with all this arming and disarming and [temporarily] leaving your gun in your vehicle several times a day you've become used to this since its all "common sense" for safety and all. So has your hitman that's been observing your routine each day who would much rather have an easier target, or any other random car thief.
  • So life goes on and your boss wants to go out to lunch to discuss an upcoming project, your carrying against company policy since that pesky hitman is still after you pretty good reason to carry.... after seeing the no guns sign on the restaurant your boss picked out you cleverly said you forgot your phone in the car and went back to get it while the boss got the table, lucky for you in the bar area (another GFZ)... you quickly stash your gun in the console. good thing you drove right... except on the way back you get pulled over because your tail light is out and after all you went thru you must promptly inform the officer your carrying...

"common sense" yes?
Keep Ohio in mind when you vote next election make certain you know where all your candidates stand on gun control. Make no mistake this is what they are working on here in the Northwest.

My wife is from Ohio and all her family is there. It's a pit. Drugs are every where even where they live in small town cornville.
Her dad owns a 100 acre corn farm in the middle of no where and had to have cameras installed on his barns because people have broken in.

I remember being there years ago and the sheriff came on the news and started telling people they better arm their families and themselves because if they need a cop it may be awhile due to budget cuts.

And if you are lucky enough to prevail from an armed encounter with the hitmen, Ohio requires that the defendant prove self-defense by a preponderance of the evidence.

As opposed to doing nothing? Back in California I used to work with a guy that did some time for drugs. A felon. Along the way 18th Street or MS13, I forgot which one had a serious threat against him. Of course he carried a gun. The high possibility of going back to jail didn't outweigh the higher probability of getting caught out unarmed. I don't approve or disapprove. It's just the way it is.

Even with all the restrictions in Ohio, this type of suggestion from the Sheriff could be a good thing. It might help to wake up some of the folks in Ohio to the reality of the restrictions that have been placed upon them and their ability to provide for their own self-defense. It is my hope that all around the country, people are just beginning to wake up to the reality that mama government can't be there to protect you every minute of every day. If you really value your life and lives of those around you, you will realize that having the complete, unrestrained RKBA, is your best chance to protect yourself.

"Didn't believe saftey was an issue for the others'' says Sheriff Reader... ARE YOU INSANE?? Eight people in one night including a 16 year old while they were sleeping, that seems far from coincidence. I can't speak for others but if that were me I might be a little bit concerned for my saftey, as he stated ''methodical and planned''. I will give him some credit for telling them to be armed if they are in fear but how about this instead "Here is a weapon, body armor, and an authorization letter granting exemption from Ohio gun laws until we catch these murderers." Something like that would seem to have the surviving members well being in mind.

Why stop at a temp suspension of Ohio's gun laws, why not remove them all together! How bout this, lets remove ALL firearms laws NATIONWIDE! Bet that takes care of living in fear of a hitman or any others that might threaten public safety! Doesn't is say right there in the second amendment Shall Not Be Infringed!!!! Looks like we got ourselves a whole lotta infringement right hear!!! Started in what, 1923? and been goin down hill sence! Sure hope this wakes some peoples up real soon!

Ohio AG: Weed grow operations found near executions

After 8 people of the same family executed last week, the sheriff tells surviving family members to "be armed".

sounds reasonable except wait....
  • you didn't get your CHL license. Thats ok because open carry is legal in Ohio... except well, in your vehicle. Maybe taking your gun on and off several times a day is ok though when someone is after your bubblegum.
  • Your the one family person who was smart and got your permit but you cant carry in the store because they have a sign and in Ohio signs carry the weight of the law. Maybe taking your gun on and off several times a day is ok though when someone is after your bubblegum. Nobody has ever been murdered in a parking lot...
  • its ok in Ohio to pick up your kids from school if you have your CHL except you cant leave your vehicle. Im shur that will be ok most of the time, except for the times you need to go inside... life goes on and your kids have school functions. No worries though as hitmen would never off someone in a school.
  • your other kid is in daycare... cant carry there even with a permit. No worries though as hitmen would never off someone at a daycare center not even in the parking lot.
  • maybe if your on good terms with the anti-gun pastor you can convince your place of worship to let you CC on Sundays... cause well, you know...
  • life goes on and with everything that's happened you've missed 2 weeks of your college class and need to get back in there to pass. Don't worry about the hitman after you because he cant lawfully bring his gun into the school either....
  • with all this arming and disarming and [temporarily] leaving your gun in your vehicle several times a day you've become used to this since its all "common sense" for safety and all. So has your hitman that's been observing your routine each day who would much rather have an easier target, or any other random car thief.
  • So life goes on and your boss wants to go out to lunch to discuss an upcoming project, your carrying against company policy since that pesky hitman is still after you pretty good reason to carry.... after seeing the no guns sign on the restaurant your boss picked out you cleverly said you forgot your phone in the car and went back to get it while the boss got the table, lucky for you in the bar area (another GFZ)... you quickly stash your gun in the console. good thing you drove right... except on the way back you get pulled over because your tail light is out and after all you went thru you must promptly inform the officer your carrying...

"common sense" yes?
Keep Ohio in mind when you vote next election make certain you know where all your candidates stand on gun control. Make no mistake this is what they are working on here in the Northwest.
We have problems in the NorthWest. although I had no problem getting my CWP and I only have to renew it every five years. City and federal buildings don't allow guns, so I wouldn't carry in there. But the "stupid" signs on public businesses, "Gun free zone" is about as stupid as you can get. The only ones obeying them are honest citizens. Criminals ignore it and killers love that sign. I ignore those dumb signs and carry my gun. If they see it all they can do is to tell me to leave. Here's a story of someone leaving their gun in the car because of a sign and then her parents get killed in the restrurant.

City and federal buildings don't allow guns, so I wouldn't carry in there. But the "stupid" signs on public businesses, "Gun free zone" is about as stupid as you can get.

I know that the Feds are no go, but I know that Oregon and thought that Washington still had a State preemption keeping local cities from going ban crazy??? And for now signs do not have any force of law for businesses open to the general public.

I went to high school in the neighboring county to that one in Ohio. Even back then there was a penny anty drug culture and it only took a wrong look to get shot at. Lots of marijuana coming in from illicit grow farms Kentucky When I heard this news back in April it didnt surprise me at all. As far as the gun laws go in Southern Ohio no one pays attention to them so that laundry list of "what should I do to stay legal?" really doesnt factor in. I'll always remember that gun show I went to in Cincinnati with a guy I knew who was in training to be a Hamilton County Sherriff. It wasnt until we started on the way home and he started shooting at a stop sign from the back seat of my car that I realized he stole a gun at the show.

It wasnt until we started on the way home and he started shooting at a stop sign from the back seat of my car that I realized he stole a gun at the show.
So a prospective LEO was already violating the law? I suspect these murders have deeper 'roots' than most understand - and this is why the 'Stay armed' response from the sheriff to the surviving family members was made. It's probably something out of control for the area and more like a community in Mexico having to deal with a drug cartel.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top