JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm posting this in a new thread that started here:
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/ge...ncouver-saturday-1-15-11-take-chl-apps-3.html

6pm - Round Table Pizza in Salmon Creek
13009 Northeast Highway 99 # 205 Vancouver, WA 98686-2307
<broken link removed>

This is what Sheriff Palmer will need from the applicant who would like to apply for the Oregon [non-resident] Concealed Handgun License through Grant County, Oregon. Oregon will only issue CHLs to people who are residents of states that border Oregon. Those states are Washington, California, Idaho and Nevada. A non resident from the states listed can go to any sheriff in Oregon and apply, but Sheriff Palmer of Grant County Oregon is a true friend of gun owners, and his goal is to make it as easy as possible for our border state residents to obtain an Oregon Concealed Handgun License.

They will not have time to organize this for you, so you need to have the paperwork fully prepared and paper-clipped together, except for the fingerprint card and picture which they will do in person.

Here's the checklist:

1. A Copy (black & white) of your driver's license. Address on your driver's license MUST match your current residence. If it doesn't, please try to visit the DMV and take care of that prior to meeting the Sheriff. You can probably do it online here:
WA State Licensing: Driver License Change of Address

2. A copy of every current concealed weapons permit you have. If no permits then either a passport, military I.D., voter registration card, employee I.D. or some type of photo I.D., etc. Costco cards will work. No credit cards please. If you absolutely do not have a 2nd form of I.D. the Sheriff may make an exception.

If you were born outside the U.S. (U.S. military babies can ignore this) please bring your passport or INS# (that's the number you were issued when you became a US citizen. It's like a 7 or 8 digit #. It has no letters.

3. Photocopy of your certificate of training for Oregon. It must show basic handgun training was a major portion of the training.

4. Grant County CHL application filled out completely; signed and stapled together. Social Security number is not required. If the link below doesn't work, just go to oregonfirearms.org > CHL Central > [scroll down to map] Grant County > Grant County CHL Application
The application has been recently updated, so please use this link.
http://www.oregonfirearms.org/pdfs/Grant County CHL 5.pdf

5. Check or money order for $65 made payable to 'Grant County Sheriff's Office'

6. Self-addressed stamped envelope (# 10 letter size).

7. A piece of paper quarter turned in landscape mode with your legal name (middle initial is ok) typed in the largest font so it fits across the very top of the page on the same line. This is needed for you to hold up by your chest when they take your picture. If you are not a computer person & have no idea how to accomplish this, just use a sharpie and hand write it.

8. Picture (jpeg format - will be done in person)

9. Fingerprints (will be done in person using the LiveScan machine)

Good luck!

You need to lock this thread and the other one,so the next time he's a coming,we'll look at the thread.

Remember,people like to post in old threads and keep the up top.
These are time sensitive,so close and lock the others so we know the REAL dates.

Just my opinion.Love the thought of what he is doing.

A huge thank you to Sheriff Palmer, his Wife and Daughter for coming to visit us and helping us get our Oregon CCL. Also a big Thank you to Round Table Pizza for hosting the event.
Really appreciate it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads