JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here's a couple of winners....Pics@link

COOS BAY, Ore. - Two homeless men who attacked a man with a baseball bat called police after the victim fired two rounds from a shotgun into the air, the Coos County Sheriff's Office said.

Law enforcement responded to a Stock Slough Lane home just before 3 a.m. Wednesday to a report of shots fired.

The sheriff said two transients - Joseph E. Killingsworth, 27, and Johnny R. Moore, 25 - reported being shot at with a shotgun.

The men had gone to a home on Stock Sough Lane with several aggressive dogs and a baseball bat and attacked a 23-year-old Coos Bay man, the sheriff said.

The two transients believed the man had reported them to the Bureau of Land Management as trespassers, the sheriff said.

Killingsworth and Moore took turns hitting the victim with the bat, causing extensive head, face and back injuries, the sheriff's office said.

In an attempt to escape after the attack, the victim grabbed a shotgun from his home and fired two rounds into the air, the sheriff said.

The two suspects fled to a nearby residence and called police to report that they had been shot at.

Law enforcement arrested Killingsworth and Moore and jailed them on charges of Assault II.

The victim was taken to Bay Area Hospital by ambulance for treatment.

<broken link removed>

Score one for that big dumba** Biden

Course it would have been better had he just pointed the shotgun at them prior to getting his brains half beat out

Isn't this an almost perfect example of how a firearm is the equalizer? How can people not understand if you ban firearms, which put everyone on the same playing field, then the strongest person with the biggest stick wins the fight.

Nice that the idiots were jailed for assault though!

Should have jailed them on attempted murder.

I don't imagine he fired into the air, I imagine he just fired, I'm not sure I could hit anything after taking a few whacks to the noggin with a bat without collecting myself first.

it appears to me there is more to the story and that is why there wasn't attempted murder charges. they had to have some connection to each other for them to suspect him of turning them in and who would let 2 vagrants use their phone to call police. the more i type the more questions that answers i am having.

Hard to conceal a shotgun, or OC for that matter. To bad he wasn't packing, it could have stopped it before it got that bad.
If someone is attacked with a baseball bat, I would venture to believe they feared for their life, and can certainly defend themselves accordingly.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top