JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Flo..ri..duh!

++++++

"Leave people alone."

And I guess, that could/should also apply in situations where people take up disabled parking spaces and their BF responds inappropriately to criticism of that parking?

You know.....
The incident recently, where that man was shoved to the ground. Then, the guy on the ground responded with deadly force.

But then.....this news conference probably happened prior to the parking/shoving incident.

So then.....like the above disabled parking stall situation. YOU KNOW THAT.....there will be those that will say that the UBER driver could have just drove around the P/U truck. Or, reversed and sped off. Humm, yup.....the victim had left his truck. So, the opportunity to escape/de-escalate the situation existed. Would that have/might have been, better?

What IF the victim, had been of another race? Hummm.....IF "Black Lives Matter" took up the cause and was involved?

Probably better.....IF the Sheriff didn't comment at all?

Yeah.....I could also imagine that the FAKE NEWS MEDIA probably led the news that evening with.....

"Unarmed local man, shot by UBER driver."

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Maybe he could have backed up? Happened so fast tho! Prob not.
Maybe, but then again the aggressor might have pursued him in his F-250 and run him off the road, possibly injuring/killing the driver and his passenger. Even if he could have backed up, there is no guarantee he could have escaped the aggressor, or contacted law enforcement in time to prevent serious harm to himself and passenger.
One less d-bag in the world. And if the deceased d-bag family files a wrongful death suit, I hope the judge/jury has the intestinal fortitude to find for the Uber driver and award all court costs and attorney's fees to the defendant for frivolous lawsuit.

Maybe, but then again the aggressor might have pursued him in his F-250 and run him off the road, possibly injuring/killing the driver and his passenger. Even if he could have backed up, there is no guarantee he could have escaped the aggressor, or contacted law enforcement in time to prevent serious harm to himself and passenger.

IMO only an unarmed person would call for that reason. I think most would just call to report the incident after escaping.

Yep, lots of things could happen, maybe. IMO, that doesn't mean there was no way to retreat. Fortunately SYG doesn't require that.

Note: it was stated by another member that there was no way to retreat... how does he know that, not being there to see more of the total picture. To be clear, I'm not against SYG nor do I think that this was an unjustified shooting, just pointing out to the previous commentor that we really don't know what all the options were. The sheriff want's to call it a SYG shoot, that's fine with me!

Last Edited:
I had some special looking methhead type guys in a clapped out old beater car going 15-20 mph in a 30 mph zone in front of me.

Can we say Mary-juh-wanna???

I see old folks driving like that all the time. It can be frustrating but it's also frustrating to have city drivers crowding us old folks in rural areas... I hate it when there are only two cars on a four lane freeway with nobody else in sight, guy comes up on my rear within 15', swishes around, then cuts back in within 10 feet. Dude! :s0002:

Was the Uber driver shooting from inside his car?

I would assume so. Maybe shooting weakside hand too. Hard to say. Our IDPA always drills on both seated and off-hand-only shooting. Good drills for maybe future situations.

If I would have had the opportunity to do so then I would have backed up and left the scene while being on the phone with 911. In this situation we will never know if he had that opportunity or if there was a semi behind him and he was boxed in.

^^^ This ^^^
See... told ya so! :p

Yuppers...split second decision on the Uber driver. Guy cuts him off, jumps out of a truck says I have a pistol and I'll shoot ya, as he pulls up a black phone(which to me in the video, looked like a gun) and points it at the Uber driver. Justifiable.
I watched it on a large screen the phone looked like a gun to me also including the way he was handling it and being dark out. Jumping out of the truck implying he had one and raising his arm was his first and last mistake

Good advice! We need more armed citizens, and more Sheriff Judd's

Good ol' Polk county where my great great granddaddy was strung up for horse theiven' ain't changed! Nice to see folks are still taking care of business there. My great uncle was sheriff there in the little company town called Nichols. A real Andy Taylor. His brother used to get tight on Saturday nights and ride his horse through town shooting his six guns off!

Thanks for posting this. I was stricken by how quickly, as the sheriff said, the event went down. Making me re-think how to carry in the car.

Too bad the sheriff is in Florida. Makes me want to move there.
I would assume so. Maybe shooting weakside hand too. Hard to say. Our IDPA always drills on both seated and off-hand-only shooting. Good drills for maybe future situations.

^^^ This ^^^
See... told ya so! :p

Seated with the steering wheel in front of you is about as awkward as it gets

Thanks for posting this. I was stricken by how quickly, as the sheriff said, the event went down. Making me re-think how to carry in the car.

Too bad the sheriff is in Florida. Makes me want to move there.

Meh, too hot & humid & too many Yankees is the reason I left 30+ years ago...
There has been A LOT of crime in the bigger cities since I left I'm told buy family & friends.

Way to go Sheriff Judd!!!

Seated with the steering wheel in front of you is about as awkward as it gets

It would be if you were trying to shoot right handed at a forward located assailant without going thru the windshield. But left handed out the window should be golden... good thing to practice!!!

Meh, too hot & humid & too many Yankees is the reason I left 30+ years ago...
There has been A LOT of crime in the bigger cities since I left I'm told buy family & friends.

Yup, my folks lived in Tarpon Springs years ago - '80s. Nice place to visit in the winter but I can't deal with the heavy presence of Eastern culture. No thanks!! Yanks should stay where they belong a leave the south to good ol boyz!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top