JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good advice! We need more armed citizens, and more Sheriff Judd's

That was EXCELLENT!! I love how the Sheriff kept repeating, "leave people alone". This clown died of terminal stupidity. I would bet a months pay this was NOT the first time he pulled some stunt like this, not even close. He had been told all his life every screw up he made was not his fault. I am sure his last thought was disbelief that this time his stupidity was painful. Also cameras. There is no doubt in my mind the camera has saved the Uber drivers life. If this was not on tape his life would be a living hell for years if not decades. Family would have come out of the woodwork to claim he murdered an innocent. Camera's are so cheap now they are valuable insurance. I run 2 in my car. I also wear one, Police type body cam when I walk my dogs. If something ever happens it can mean the difference between a bad day, and a bad decade.

Florida Cop Killer Shot 68 Times Leads to Drug Trafficking and Murder

"That's all the bullets we had, or we would have shot him more," Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd told reporters.

Thanks for posting this. I was stricken by how quickly, as the sheriff said, the event went down. Making me re-think how to carry in the car.

Too bad the sheriff is in Florida. Makes me want to move there.

I want those who do not keep a round in the chamber to watch this a couple times, this is how fast, and damn that was real fast. Not trying to convince anyone either way............ But this is why California no loaded firearm law even with a Conceal Carry is BS. The uber driver would be dead if this was California, and if that guy Jason did have a Pistol, it would have been over ....thanks for that OP

Last Edited:
Two maybe three strides of a brisk walk was all the time he had to respond... STELLAR reaction. He obviously had his firearm already in his hand, probably as soon as that truck cut him off.

I carry IWB which would be hindered by seatbelts and clothing while sitting, but while driving it's in the console ready to go in a blink.

Wow, that escalated quickly. Good advice from the Sheriff. Stop being stupid.

It never escalated, it didn't have a chance to, it was NOW and that is fast one may need to react in order to live or die, kill or be killed. That's a lot to process it short very time. Sheriff Judd is 100% spot on. Well done future law man, may it be last time you need to take a life.

I had some special looking methhead type guys in a clapped out old beater car going 15-20 mph in a 30 mph zone in front of me. I was up on them some so I could make it around them when there was no oncoming traffic. Not right on their bumper but close enough I wouldn't miss my window to pass. Well they finally slammed on their brakes and made like they were going to get out and come "see me". I hauled bubblegum around them before they could clear their car. I was honestly wondering if I was going to have to draw. Not a good feeling when you have your little one with you. I have just pulled over before or taken a different route to avoid people like that. It just seems stupid to have to do though. People just can't act right I guess.

The Darwin winner has a rap sheet that includes charges of battery (no conviction mentioned) and there was a meth pipe in the truck he was driving.

Moronic Tweets in the story below along with his text chain with the girlfriend he was stalking. Gotta love the quotes from the family and the mother of his child about what a great guy he was. Yeah, right.

As a poster already said: play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Uber driver kills man in 'perfect stand your ground' shooting | Daily Mail Online

Glad that jack@ss got what was coming to him.

The thing that stands out from the dashcam video is how fast everything happens.. Was the Uber driver shooting from inside his car? It's hard to tell. Maybe time to start practicing defensive handgun from a chair.

Thank God I no longer commute on Highway 22, but I always thought if something bad ever happened to me, it would start with road rage, or at least, it would happen somewhere on the highway. I drive a small car, and people make a lot of incorrect assumptions about who I am, based on that.

"Don't Mess with People" - very good advice.

Another reason/justification for a dash-cam. Video evidence removes the he-said / she-said argument.

Even with the dash cam, have you seen all the armchair quarterback bubblegummers out there in social media saying that the Uber driver didn't have to shoot him? There is just no way to fix stupid, either on the part of the assailant or the social media idiots.

Even with the video, the fact that some people can claim that this was an unnecessary outcome is mind-boggling to me.

Even with the dash cam, have you seen all the armchair quarterback bubblegummers out there in social media saying that the Uber driver didn't have to shoot him? There is just no way to fix stupid, either on the part of the assailant or the social media idiots.

Even with the video, the fact that some people can claim that this was an unnecessary outcome is mind-boggling to me.

I could care less what the arm chair quarterbacks have to say. Dash cam footage will help exonerate you with the police and in court if everything is done properly.

Yeah, there is a bunch of those.

But I'd still rather have a dash-cam video as back up, as opposed to verbal documentation that can be misrepresented and used against me.

I could care less what the arm chair quarterbacks have to say. Dash cam footage will help exonerate you with the police and in court if everything is done properly.

Don't get me wrong, they are morons. But it just amazes me that they still feel this way with video documentation. What was the Uber driver to do? Beg forgiveness for NOT having is girlfriend in the car?

And scarier yet, these people are allowed to vote...

Don't get me wrong, they are morons. But it just amazes me that they still feel this way with video documentation. What was the Uber driver to do? Beg forgiveness for NOT having is girlfriend in the car?

And scarier yet, these people are allowed to vote...

I won't disagree with you on the voting thing! As for what they see and how they react I don't think stupid so I couldn't tell you. Shooting someone isn't my first thought, but defending me and my own are. I like to think that I am pretty aware of my surroundings and keep my head on a swivel. If I would have had the opportunity to do so then I would have backed up and left the scene while being on the phone with 911. In this situation we will never know if he had that opportunity or if there was a semi behind him and he was boxed in.

Either way from the testimony of the sheriff and the video evidence I say clean shoot and he had every right to defend himself and his passenger.

Not only that, but sitting in the middle of the day watching video on ones smart phone is a completely different experience than being cut off at 2:00am on a dark two lane road...

Had that exact discussion with my wife. After explaining the environment this occurred in, then she better understood and agreed the Uber driver was in the right.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top