JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good advice! We need more armed citizens, and more Sheriff Judd's

Yuppers...split second decision on the Uber driver. Guy cuts him off, jumps out of a truck says I have a pistol and I'll shoot ya, as he pulls up a black phone(which to me in the video, looked like a gun) and points it at the Uber driver. Justifiable.

Capping a baddie and immediately administering first aid will generally play in your favor. Good call for the shooter and damn good on the Sheriff for calling attention to the FACT that "Stand Your Ground" laws (vs "duty to retreat") are not some backhanded racist conspiracy to kill black and brown people with impunity... an offensive I've never understood.

"Don't mess with people" - Polk County Sheriff Judd. Darned good advice too!

The Uber driver in this case had just completed police academy training, giving him a better understanding of protocol in these situations. And good on him for protecting himself and his passenger.

Good guy with a gun - 1
Bad guy with a faux gun - 0

Don't do this... a proper way to say don't be a duma##, Duma##. :), in this day and age, with cameras recording everywhere, why would anyone pretend to have a gun, and threaten to use it? even if he didn't get shot, he would be up against menacing charges.

Absolutely Kudos to Sheriff Judd! And good decision on the UBER Driver. Obviously even if the Jerk did not have a gun there was obviously the threat of serious bodily injury to the Uber Driver. And if he thought his girlfriend was in the Uber the innocent girl might have been injured as well. GOOD CALL!;)

1) Surprise! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! (wiping eyes)
2) Good on ya Sheriff Judd!
3) And another vicious cretin earns a Darwin Award with Oak Leaves, Swords, and Diamonds. Hopefully this occurred before he bred, and society will not be afflicted with his spawn. The assailant was just too dangerous to remain among civil society, and arranged for his own removal. He even chose a person of impeccable skill and character, so no ordinary peon without a camera got stuck with it. (Karma in action) :eek: It's a good bet he would have either harmed or killed somebody or been killed by someone he was assaulting. In any case it was an act of social prophylaxis, and it didn't involve a lot of drain on "The Peoples'" legal resources.
4) SYG: There was no opportunity to retreat that I saw. Good thing to have, though, so you don't have to pay your lawyer to argue about it. Or don't need a lawyer at all.
5) Nobody who matters got hurt.
6) I love a happy ending.

Being retired LE myself with almost 30 years of service. I had a similar incident happen to me on Kentucky State Road 90 a few years ago. There was a little hot head about est. 25 YOA in a Gray Pontiac that came up on me from behind. He must have been doing 75-80. I was running around 65 in a 60 speed zone just cursing along. He came charging up to about 3 feet from my rear bumper and started blowing his horn and giving me the Bird in my rearview mirror. Then after a while, he swerved out and started to go by me on a double yellow line. But there were a couple of cars coming the corner in the other lane. So he swerved back in and continue with his actions. Very shortly afterwards, coming into a small town, limits where the speed zone came down to 45. He passed me on a double yellow line and cut me of and I about hit him as we entered the little town. He then slammed on his brakes and stopped right in the road opened his door and jumped out. He had one of those small bats like truckers use to check their tires. He was shouting why did you not get the H out of my Fn way! I could hear him even with the window slightly cracked as he approached. As he approached my window I rolled in down about a third of the way. So as not to hit through the window. And unfortunately have access to the outside for my pistol. I advised him because I was even doing a little over the speed limit myself. And ifWhere were you going in such a hurry. He then said F Y I should just beat the S out of you get out of the car! It was then when I pulled My Glock Model 22 40 cal. from beside the seat and holding in my right hand it slammed it on the Dash by my Stearing Wheel. And then advised him "Son" you might be stupid enough to try it, but it is probably going to cost you your life if you try! So, being a retired police officer, I would suggest you calm down and go get back in your vehicle and be on your way. He spouted something as he walked away but I did not hear clearly. But he went immediately to his car and left. Moral of the story now days you can not be doing anything or provoking anyone to run into lunatic. It could have been a real bad deal! Thank God it was not! I have been there before in my carrier when situations turned out the other way.
So as the Sheriff stated! "LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE"! And especially Grumpy Old Men! :p

I love that Sheriff! And I love what he says! And I love how he talks... makes me remember my days in Florida visiting my parents.

"Don't mess with people", you never know who that stranger is or if he is armed. Or what his tolerance level is, or what he may see as a threat to his life. Reality is tho, when some people are inebriated, all sense goes bye bye. Cain't do nuttin for em! Bye Bye!!

It's good that more people are armed. Give me that warm and safe feeling. :)

He had one of those small bats like truckers use to check their tires.

Great story, thx for the share! I had a guy with a similar bat and a similar problem... it was when I lived in Brookings and was crossing the 2 lane bridge over the Chetco River... heavy rain, I could hardly see... he came flying up behind me and was on my bumper... I flipped him off (maybe I shudna done that), he came blasting around me and rolled down his window to shake that bat at me as he continued off. In those days I didn't carry. I kinda lucked out that he didn't come to a full stop and beat the crap outta me with that damn bat!! :rolleyes:

I was running around 65 in a 60 speed zone just cursing along.

Hopefully there weren't any kids in the car! Personally, I like to sing, but whatever floats your boat.

Thanks! That typo gave me a good chuckle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top