JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went there yesterday to sight in my '06 and it keeps getting more & more trashed. If you or anyone you know shoots there, how about bringing ONE trash bag each & spending 5 minutes picking up? I made a decent dent in the garbage in about that much time.

People are leaving their cardboard cutouts, empty ammo cartons, etc....if you can bring it with you, bring it home dammit! This is Federal land & can get closed off in no time. These must be the same people that go to Crater lake & toss in their beer cans?

Some white trash brought out old windows to shoot up & there's about 100 lbs of glass piled up too. :confused:

Anyone that would like to volunteer to help clean up, let me know via PM...maybe we can do a little cleanup day.

Jdub

Heading East on 22, turn left just past Genes. Take the road to the right up about 2 miles til you see a tiny brown sign for Shellburg falls. Take that road past the gravel pit...there are several places along that road you can stop & shoot that are old logging roads that have been closed. Some go out 150+ yards. Every time I go, I bring a leaf/lawn bag & fill it up. This is public land, so if we abuse it, it CAN get closed to shooting. Thanks for helping!

PS-there has been logging & gravel mining this year, so keep it slow around the corners...I've encounted logging trucks more than once this fall.

That would be Wagner road just past genes meat market.
Yes, a Lot of trash up there, and a lot of poaching going on, so watch your back as well.

Stay Safe.

Yikes wasn't aware of the poaching, but did see alot of cars up there a few weeks back near dark when we were leaving. I hauled out a bunch of stuff about 2 weeks ago from one of the spots. Anyone who wants to help & has a truck to throw crap in, let me know.

There is also gates hill road. Not so many poachers, (still are) but there are the "Grows" up there that you need to watch out for. Someone might just be watching you, and you won't know it till your TOO close....

I always take trash bags with me, but there always seems to be more trash each time I go out. It is a Sad world we live in.

Stay Safe.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads