JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
http://www.amazon.com/Brass-Catcher-for-Semi-automatic-Pistols/dp/B00J4VIVCK

Just fire with one hand and with the other hand catch the brass as it comes out.
What? You can't multitask?

How thick (flat) is the handle on that one? Reason I ask is I have grip sleeves. I'm thinking that it might slide right inside and I won't have to hang onto it.

Lots of DIY stuff, do a net search and you'll get a lot of ideas...

You must have missed where I said I already made the frame. I just need to sew up the pouch.

I always liked the pvc rack with a net.
You can take it down and doesn't take up a lot of room.
Erects in a min.
Buy some cheap netting and clamps.

Yeah, that would work the more I think of it. Heck, it's not like I'll be hauling it around.

Here's some more ideas

image.jpeg

You must have missed where I said I already made the frame. I just need to sew up the pouch.
Check the links I added to my post, some creative designs that use an ammo can base to collect the brass, with a PVC frame holding up some netting.
Trust me, you won't like anything that hangs off the gun after you shoot with it once;)
I thought this one was cool, cost $7:
:)

Last Edited:
I stopped by the weld shop for a couple stainless rods. The hoop has enough to where I can radius the rear 90° angles so it can be elongated if needed.
One more wrap with stainless wire, then to make the pouch.

20160311_145603.jpg 20160311_145629.jpg
One more wrap with stainless wire where it meets the 90° bend that goes through the field strip notch.
20160311_145657.jpg 20160311_145721.jpg
Heat shrink tubing is over the rod where it meets the rail.
20160311_145757.jpg

Last Edited:
I built one for the G19, 21, and 26. Bettering the design throughout, and adapted for the 19 and 21. The 26 was a different approach without the rail, but the 19/21 design was modified and will work perfectly. I plan to buy some mesh for the pouch portion.

Do you have an accessory rail under the frame.
Just as a thought imagine this but mounted upside down rather than as pictured on a rifle.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/77...r-ar-15-picatinny-rail-mount-nylon-mesh-black

The Caldwell Brass Catcher is great. I bought some extra mounts so I can just pop it onto a different rifle. There's a place in OR that makes brass catchers for almost anything & they were mentioned a few weeks ago when we were listing gun related business in the PNW.

Buy a 12x8 tarp at Bimart for $6 and put it on the ground where your shells are landing.

Even worse case it's raining, you can still funnel it all into a tub and dump the water.

It what we do when we are up in the woods.

I just saw a brass catcher tarp that was made of a mesh material. It was probably 8' x 8' but it cost $160!

Wow! Some people have lots more money then I do:eek:

I bought a mesh Caldwell & a few extra mounts a couple of years ago & I just swap the catcher between guns. I think I'll invent one for a revolver. You know how far those babies throw brass!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top