JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you were one of my friends, I would say "keep your back hand strong, son!" (inside joke, and FYI I would never hit a woman). But in this case, if she hasn't said anything yet then I would just keep whatever you have. However, if you inform your children, be responsible with where you place your gun(s) then you should be fine.

***My wife is also sensitive about guns as well but I just make sure I keep them out of sight from my daughter and locked up. She understands my intentions of home protection and what not. I am a gun enthusiast but I draw the line when i'm with my family and focus on my family when i'm with them and prioritize my family above all.

I've been around long enough to know they are always going to be unhappy about something so you have to draw the line on living your life and not the life she allows you to live.

You are right to a degree. If you let a woman run the household she will do insane things just because she can. There has to be a firm foot to come in every once in awhile to say "no, this is how it's gonna be". We, as men, that is our natural role. I love my wife and OUR happiness is second to none. We make major decisions together unless its the natural role we have. A woman needs a man to take control over the things they don't think of and the families well being is one of the things we as men, are responsible for. It's not a matter of compromise, it's a matter or our natural role.

To the op: you need to convince her that you are concerned for the safety of her and your family and that is what the firearm is for. Protection. That these days you can never be
too safe. Once she understands that she will see firearms a little differently. Remember, guns don't kill people.......people kill people.

Now, when it comes to what color a certain room is to be painted then she usually wins. But, she looses every time when it comes to my shop being dirty or what kind of fence I want to build. Again, our natural roles.

H3ll I might take you on, please submit photos with detailed description of house, vehicles, boat, bank account and firearm collection for consideration.

Lol. Don't forget summer homes, winter homes, pics of recent vacations oversees, and a detailed list of which supermodels he has dated!

t48871_atfirstIwaslikethis.png

but I don't think SWMBO wants me to get my CHL or bring a gun into the house. Her dad committed suicide when she was 8 and her and her brother were the ones to find him. Yesterday we found out that one of her friends lost their 15 y/o because him and some teens were playing with a loaded shotgun. I think it's really gotten to her and she's afraid what our little boys would do if for some reason the gun wasn't secured.

I know there's a lot of "what ifs" in there. I guess we'll have to talk about it when the shock of her friends loss wears off. I think I'll just stop talking about it for now, probably the best idea.

I'm sure the subject of guns is very touchy in the Fendermallot household right now. And i can understand, but let me throw this out for your consideration.

I would be more than willing to take you guys out shooting. I would bring a 10/22, use empty coke cans as targets (No Human silhouettes, fruits or vegetables). I have talked a lot of people that are anti gun into going shooting with me. I have found, that they all have the same smile on their face when they knock down their first can. After that, you take it a step at a time.

Though i know it wouldn't happen soon, the offer is open.

Lefty.

Thanks Lefty. She's not really opposed, but more worried about the storage and diligence of keeping them out of the hands of our kids when not being supervised. And only we, as the parents, can do that. Aside from that, I'd love to get together with people and shoot someday when I get a gun. Maybe some day I can get my old 22 rifles from my Dad. He has the gun safe, so they're at his house for now.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top