JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
I'm confused (or uninformed). What is the Ballard reference? Certainly not a Marlin/Ballard action. Pics are a bit dark, but it appears to be a Model of 1874 action. Ballard what?

I'm confused (or uninformed). What is the Ballard reference? Certainly not a Marlin/Ballard action. Pics are a bit dark, but it appears to be a Model of 1874 action. Ballard what?
This was my brother's rifle and it looks like I have some misinformation. I will contact him tomorrow and get things clarified. Appreciate your post, thank you.

This was my brother's rifle and it looks like I have some misinformation. I will contact him tomorrow and get things clarified. Appreciate your post, thank you.

I have a moderate amount of knowledge regarding the Shiloh guns (own three). Happy to help further if necessary. As another noted, barrel length/contour, sights, embellishments (upgraded wood, etc.) would all be of great interest to any potential purchaser. If your brother bought it new, he might be able to supply all pertinent info from the invoice. Year of manufacture is also good info (as the earlier guns are finished a bit better than the later ones).

For anyone speculating, if you ordered that gun today from Shiloh you would wait nearly two years before you had it in your hands. And they DO live up to the legend.

View attachment 558599 bottleneck buck.jpg

I have a moderate amount of knowledge regarding the Shiloh guns (own three). Happy to help further if necessary. As another noted, barrel length/contour, sights, embellishments (upgraded wood, etc.) would all be of great interest to any potential purchaser. If your brother bought it new, he might be able to supply all pertinent info from the invoice. Year of manufacture is also good info (as the earlier guns are finished a bit better than the later ones).

For anyone speculating, if you ordered that gun today from Shiloh you would wait nearly two years before you had it in your hands. And they DO live up to the legend.

View attachment 558599 View attachment 558601
Thank you for your nice post. Spoke with my brother today and he said the barrel is a Badger barrel and not a Ballard. Thank you again for allowing me to get this corrected.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.