Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Sharps replica in need of trigger work

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by ejmpnu92, Nov 26, 2011.

1. ejmpnu92

ejmpnu92 Hillsboro, Or Active Member

Well, I have a sharps replica that is need of a trigger job. I just had to shop that did not have the experience with that type of rifle. They did not want to get into it, I appreciate their honesty about it.
    So, is there a smith in the Portland area that has the ability to work on these types of weapons?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  2. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Give Burt Christopherson a call. 503-244-0305. He lives in SW Hillsdale, up near Wilson High School.
    Very good craftsman and reasonable rates. Works out of his basement, keeps his overhead low.

3. ejmpnu92

I know I started this little over a year ago, never had the money or time, so other than Mr. Christopherson, any other smiths? I am going to give Mr. Christopherson a call today.

4. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

i dont know if H&K IN forest grove is still around or not but a buddy of mine was having problems with a sharps 45-70 replica and they fixed it for him might give them a call

5. k7grc

k7grc Banks, Or Active Member

+1

6. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

7. ejmpnu92

Thanks guys. I took it to Christopherson last week. Nice guy and not too far from my home. Appreciate the assistance.