JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We use the Sharkies in training because of how round the tips are, but for practical EDC, they are just too bulky (bigger then a cigar), they have a goofy shark logo and the marker tip is too thin to be useful. No one I know will carry one.

Tactical Pens are also great for EDC and a last ditch impact weapon. There are several nice pens out there ranging in price from $40.00-$295.00. Speaking as a guy that travels several times a month, I can say they get through TSA with no problem, unless you try a FURY pen or a CAMPCO, those may get taken away because they are designed like weapons.

I own just about every tactical pen that is on the market, so I can give an honest review if anyone is interested.

Self defense Author Waysun Johnny Tsai has some good videos on tactical pens on YOUTUBE. I am one of his students and train with him, his stuff is solid. I work Corrections so I need stuff that work. They work great with compliance and come alongs.

Tsai also has3 solid dvds on Pens, impact and edged weapons available through www.tsaiskungfu.net. Most of the time if you by a S&W or Schrade pen, he will give you a dvd for FREE :).

He just did an exclusive dvd for the Schrade tactical pen, they gave them out at the 2010 SHOT SHOW and will be filming a dvd for the new 2010 Smith& Wesson collapsible baton this summer at their training facility.

Anyone interested can YouTube / Google search Waysun Johnny Tsai or Practical Tactical Pen. You will find a ton of links on Google.

FYI, Tactical pens are not just for martial artists, most people who carry are LEO, Military. I even met a U.S. Marshall that dragged a fugitive out of his car using a wrist lock with a Tactical pen.

Hope this helps.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top