JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is a judgement free zone. Useless firearm ideas, builds or projects are welcome here. They could be firearms, ammo related, targets, etc. The more unconventional the better. Safe is a subjective term but they should be legal as this forum is probably piped in to ATF HQ.

A double rifle in a mainstream caliber for under 2k$
I had this idea of mounting an AR15 with 22lr conversion kit to the bottom rail of a longer AR15, using a couple of these pieces:

51be43NLUZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

One side of these mounts would attach to the bottom rail on the main firearm and then the other side would attach to the picatinny rail on upper receiver of secondary firearm. The pistol grip of the secondary firearm would act as a forward vertical grip for the main firearm. The secondary firearm would have no buffer tube installed.

I had this idea of mounting an AR15 with 22lr conversion kit to the bottom rail of a longer AR15, using a couple of these pieces:

View attachment 1081328

One side of these mounts would attach to the bottom rail on the main firearm and then the other side would attach to the picatinny rail on upper receiver of secondary firearm. The pistol grip of the secondary firearm would act as a forward vertical grip for the main firearm. The secondary firearm would have no buffer tube installed.
Oh, now that has possibilities!

Joe

Nothing much too exotic. Weaver used to make a long eye relief scope for the Model 94 Winchester, I think it was 2x, before the AE design came along. I had an original Mauser Kar98a that had way-off fixed sight regulation. I didn't want to alter the rifle. So I fabricated a scope mount that would fit into the original rear sight hardware without modification, then fit the Weaver LER scope to the bojack mount. It worked well. This was before B Square came out with the same idea, I should've patented mine.

Integral rear flip-up sight. Springs and followers (2) in bored holes under the rail slots. Roller detent in broached recess under last rail. Windage adjusts with standard front post elevation tool. Torq patch on windage screw threads + wave washers. First finish didn't hold up well, so it's back to raw.
6cf1Sa0m.jpg

Integral rear flip-up sight. Springs and followers (2) in bored holes under the rail slots. Roller detent in broached recess under last rail. Windage adjusts with standard front post elevation tool. Torq patch on windage screw threads + wave washers. First finish didn't hold up well, so it's back to raw.
View attachment 1081848
Is elevation all done with front sight?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top