JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sunday on a road trip I was deep into thought [not speaking] when my wife of over forty years chirped up and and entered a conversion involving what it was I was thinking of.
Totally surprised I stated how did you do that I was not speaking and you entered the middle of my thoughts as though we were. Her response was we do that all the time.
I don't remember it ever happening prior.

She has suffered a traumatic brain injury several years back and it is a miracle that she survived and is doing well.
This is true, it did happen I was thinking of an old friend and she started the conversion with you know Laurence would have and so on!
Just wow
Silver Hand

Many years ago when I was single living out in Icestacada I was just about asleep and feeling that paralysis with what appeared to be full consciousness. I heard footsteps coming down the carpeted hallway...light steps like a super hot 20 yr old gal or something :D...then I felt the covers pull back on the opposite side of the bed and the bed moved slightly (bachelor waterbed)...I reached over with my hand and no one was there. :eek:

Being from the P.N.W. I had never been in or close to a really good lightning storm! While on T.D.Y. on the east coast I got to see one up close, too close. I had never heard of "Saint elmos fire" but I saw it many times then. A big blue/white fire ball went dancing down the street between buildings on base missing untold numbers of parked cars and stuff. Not knowing what it was, never hearing any thing about it, I was stunned! While I was in awe, every one around me was like...............COOOOOOOOOOL, that was a good one! I'm like, are you guys Frickin nuts?

I was about 12 or so, watching TV before school, I don't remember what show, and I heard my father start cussing, his voice, and his favorite cuss words, not something you would ever hear on TV back then.... I asked my mother if dad was still home, she replied that he had left for work about 30 minutes ago... When he got home after work, I asked if he had cussed this morning, and he replied that he had, when he got to work, the car wouldn't stay in park, and the parking brake wouldn't hold either. I asked him what he had said, and he used the very same cuss words in the same order that I heard them that morning......

So 1989, I bought my first ever brand new vehicle a nice shiny red 1989 Dodge truck.
It had Posi, Air, skid plates all the cool stuff a truck should have. I test drove a truck and loved it they then went and got my new truck undriven zero miles out from a warehouse a few blocks away. I did the paperwork got my self ready to go, truck pulls up what a beauty ever smell that new never been used vehicle smell even the engine smelled like a new mower does when you first start one. I walk out with the sales guy and stop short.

I look at him and say ummm where the bumper ? He said they don't come with rear bumpers they are extra. I was like what the F**K are you talking about the truck I test drove had one.
Now maybe I am old school and maybe its cause I was still living in Komifornia, but I never ever heard of a truck without a bumper. I told him if there is no bumper take the truck back.
After some haggling and cussing they took it to the shop right then and put one on it no charge.

A truck being sold without bumpers.......... ? OK ?

Many years ago when I was single living out in Icestacada I was just about asleep and feeling that paralysis with what appeared to be full consciousness. I heard footsteps coming down the carpeted hallway...light steps like a super hot 20 yr old gal or something :D...then I felt the covers pull back on the opposite side of the bed and the bed moved slightly (bachelor waterbed)...I reached over with my hand and no one was there. :eek:
That's called a wet dream.

Rained yesterday and the ground swallowed the neighbors truck...

IMG_8210.JPG IMG_8215.JPG IMG_8216.JPG IMG_8217.JPG IMG_8218.JPG IMG_8219.JPG

IMG_8210.JPG

IMG_8215.JPG

IMG_8216.JPG

IMG_8217.JPG

IMG_8218.JPG

IMG_8219.JPG

That could have been a sticky situation if you were dreaming. :s0140:

So earlier this year I was digging in my front yard here the yard had about 4feet of top soil over the clay thats under it. I came across about 1 foot down a wedding ring. Its right near this massive tree we have must be 100 years old tree and right below was were it was. This area was built in the 1950's specifically 1957 our house. Makes me wonder where it came from I have yet to even clean it much other then water and its in perfect condition no rust or pits. just was dirty.
I have looked at county records and only two owners before me so trying to see if I can track it down. Very odd to have been covered with a foot of dirt though.

I play Freecell online frequently. The website I play on goes to a 'Score' screen after you win a game. This screen shows the time it took you to play the game, how long your winning streak is, etc. There is always an advertisement on this 'Score' screen. A few weeks ago I was having a poker game at the office after work on a Friday night. That afternoon I walked over to the local convenience store and bought a half rack of Bud Light for the game (I know, Bud Light, right? But there's a time for 'Yard Beer' and a time for craft beer. Poker is 'Yard Beer' time….). While I waited for the other players to show up, I was playing some Freecell. So, what pops up on the advertisement on the 'Score' screen? You guessed it, an advertisement for Bud Light. Now, I know Google tracks my searches and puts up ads that match things I have looked for. But how the hell did they know I bought beer that afternoon? At a brick and mortar store no less. With cash. Plus, I've never seen an ad for any kind of beer on that screen before or since. That's just too weird for me…..

On the other side of the new car lot many years ago, I was with my Dad while he was shopping for a bare bones Dodge Ram 50 pickup to pull behind his Class C motor home.
We were walking around the back of the car lot looking at the humdrum low cost fleet trucks with a young newly hired car salesman, when my Dad spotted a tricked out Ram 50 with all the bells and whistles.

It had everything, chrome wheels, AC, delayed wipers, custom cloth seats, PS/PB, tinted windows, the works.
He asked the salesman how much for that one.
We followed the guy inside and listened as his boss chewed him out for asking such a dumb question. "They're all the same price, doesn't matter what color!".
He then tried to explain to him that it was another Ram 50, not one of the fleet models.
The boss told him that they were all the same price and to shut up and leave him alone, couldn't he see that he was on the phone.

The salesman then said, "Mr. would you like to buy that custom Ram 50 for fleet prices?"
"Yes I would" my Dad replied, and he then put down a cash deposit and told him that we would be right back after signing the sales contract with a certified check for the remaining balance from his credit union that was right next door.
We got the check and walked back to the dealership, only to have the manager meet us at the door. He tried to explain that it was big mistake and no way would he honor the contract as that truck was priced thousands more.

My Dad asked if he could borrow a phone because he wanted to call his lawyer and sue the dealership for breach of contract.
He got the truck for the fleet price and as we were walking out the front door, the young salesman explained that that particular truck was a bait and switch vehicle that was used in shady promotions to get folks to come in early on Saturday mornings and was always conveniently pre sold by 8:00 am.

He then said that this was his last day there, as he couldn't stand the boss and didn't want to lie to customers anymore.

I was in one of the chain auto parts stores looking for an air filter for my Mazda B2000 truck. I noted that the store had a spot on the shelf designated for that air cleaner, but that they seemed to be out of them. I asked the clerk if they might have anymore in back or something, and he said no, they were indeed sold out, but that they got a new shipment in every week.

I said, "OK, it's Wednesday, when will you have more in?"

He replied that they would have a new shipment next Tuesday.

"So, you get a new shipment every Tuesday, and here it is Wednesday and you're sold out?"

"That's right."

"Well, you know the B2000 is a pretty popular truck. How many do you get every week that you're sold out the next day?"

"We get two."

"Two?!! And you're sold out the next day. Why don't you order more?"

"Why would we? Two a week is all we ever sell.":confused:

Years ago I went to some office supply place down on MLK and around Taylor looking for one of those aluminum clipboards that also has a compartment for forms and a couple a flappers inside to boot.
Anyway, instead of turning this store upside down looking for one, I decided to ask the nice clerk gal where one might be.. and three words into my trying to describe this contraption, I looked down at the 4" thick opened catalogue on the counter between us and just pointed at a tiny little picture on the thin glossy paper and said "I want one of those".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top