JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I mounted a Leupold 4-12x Rifleman on my Winchester model 70 and zeroed it for 100 yards. Simple right? Maybe, but I have never had a scoped hunting rifle before so it was a new experience for me even though many of you guys probably do this every fall. :)

The pistol brace ban has also motivated me to remove one from my MP5 pistol. I setup a two point sling and figured out how to shoot it like the S.A.S. did back in the day by pushing forward and bracing the sling over my left forearm and getting a cheek weld on the sling. Its awkward but kind of works. I replaced the selector lever with a Magpul extended one which is much easier to use. I also replaced the old Surefire 628 bulb with a modern LED. Its actually a not bad setup for close range shooting using the light for aiming. Future plans are for a double magazine clamp and maybe a tritium front sight.

CAE7DB8D-D0EB-4217-9534-103197BE06AD.jpeg 83FE9AB9-1D44-4233-A647-A517420BD006.jpeg

Last Edited:
Not much of a project but…..

Mounted a new optic (Eotech EXPS2-0) and WML (Cloud Defensive Rein 3.0)

CB08087D-5ABB-4448-BA87-ED02E31737C0.jpeg

My son asked me to put optics on my Arsenal AK.
I didn't want to mess with the receiver so my other options were less than ideal but figured we'd test them out.

There are mounts that replace the rear cover and there are mounts that replace the rear sight. I ordered both but started with the rear cover.
It needed some shaping around the piston spring retract button. Ended up using a multitool with a blade for metal. Works quite well.

This mount had some adjustment at the front of the cover as well as 2 screws at the back which when adjusted/tightened removed almost all of the play.
Not suitable for duty use, but ok for sending surplus ammo down range. He provided the Steiner 1-4 with illuminated dot in a P.E.P.R. style AR mount.

AK with optics.jpg

Last Edited:
Brand stinking new…. Done on a small budget, hair over $320 for parts and tax. We'll find out if it runs before I polish the guts. It will run like a dream either way…. Not my first.
5 different mag manufacturers and 3 capacities.
I really get a kick out of these Daggers and love the profile of the P80 frame. I didn't know they made serialized frames until few months ago.

330570FA-121F-4034-9299-CF95FC6B963D.jpeg

Couldn't keep my hands off it for 3 more days; to run up the remaining 350 rnds through before tinkering. That'll get it to 450…. Maybe I can find another cheap box or spend the Dollar for a hotter 50 rnds of 10mm. Anyway want to trade away some? Meh…
True budget fashion…. Use my harbor freight drill master polisher and compound to shine up feed ramp on the Yeti Cannon. Came out nice.
Remove magazine safety too…… I wanted to operate trigger without mag inserted. Huuh second firearm I own with that feature. Both are like $200 pistols. Wonder why?

View attachment 1362068
Well…..follow up…..500 rnd mark
I improved my shooting with it. First couple mags anyway…. HiPoint 10mm JXP gets heavy. And I'm still shaky anyway. 25 feet I adjusted the rear little too low also.
3 induced malfunctions….. last mag I tried shooting fast. The thing is not a fast shooter…. I didn't give enough time for trigger reset. You kinda have to let this thing KaChunk KaChunk….
Also the material I removed from trigger made it way more comfortable to pull.
So….. zero stove pipe, zero failure to feed, zero slam fire, zero lite strikes, ZERO ZERO ZERO.
Now I have brass to make some hot loads with something heavy.
350 rounds HSM 180 grn FLAT NOSE brass case
150 rounds Rem 180 grN FLAT NOSE Nickel case

And threw some stain on my powder table attachment… I only mount it for powder fill.

A4DC576E-1497-4403-8F57-28854D93A755.jpeg 81A7FF20-EEE9-4D35-A2BD-E9D917D14CF6.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top