JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
.510 Whisper. Nominal load is 27 grains of H110 for 1050 fps with a 750 grain bullet. Had one round that the Encore action refused to close on. Put the round in the dud box. A year later I pulled the bullet and found a double charge in the case. I think the action would have held together had I fired the round, but it might have bulged the chamber and cracked the frame.

an old mistake that i have on the wall in my loading shop... one of these is plenty for a lifetime...
View attachment 1071501
Saw a similar gun, but if I remember correctly, a little worse with a jacked topstrap at Larry's Sporting goods many years ago. The common assumption was a double charged round. The guy showing me wanted to keep it and use as a stage prop. I believe it was his friends and they were going to send it back to Ruger.

Squib load....
Squib.jpg

Just a liiiitle bit further and you could have bent over, picked it up, and used it again!

I had a squib/no powder, primer only round in .38sp. Base of the bullet just cleared the cylinder into the forcing cone. None issue. Now the other round in that box the got the squibs charge COULD have been an issue. Luckily it wasn't and a lesson was learned.

Yes indeed. The feeder is about to go on the trash. Some times it feeds the bullet. Some times I get one or two that squirt threw behind the first one. Then some times I get a entire tube dump. I'll see what hornaday says about it tomorrow.

Yes indeed. The feeder is about to go on the trash. Some times it feeds the bullet. Some times I get one or two that squirt threw behind the first one. Then some times I get a entire tube dump. I'll see what hornaday says about it tomorrow.
If you have a want for a simple reliable pistol bullet feeder, give a look at Mr Bullet feeder mini.

Works a charm on my lock-n-load.

Only do 9mm, no idea on how other caliber sets do. However does several bullet weights, shapes & coatings fine (ie plated round nose & coated lead truncated cone).

Works so well I bought extra tube magazine assemblies so I can just swap them out rather than refilling as I go.

Edit: had tried the Hornady AND RCBS bullet feeders, gave up on them!

Last Edited:
Is it okay right now to be secure in the knowledge that I have never been, nor likely in the future to be, afflicted with BFM?

Bullet Feeder Malfunction. Talk with your doctor.

Is it okay right now to be secure in the knowledge that I have never been, nor likely in the future to be, afflicted with BFM?

Bullet Feeder Malfunction. Talk with your doctor.
A couple of years ago I smashed my left pinky finger with a mallet. That was a Bullet Feeder Malfunction, or was it Modification?

Not going to read the whole thread but didn't see it listed on what I did read, leaving the hole open to empty the hopper on the RCBS chargemaster, twice. So when I refilled for the next powder it came running out the side.

Not going to read the whole thread but didn't see it listed on what I did read, leaving the hole open to empty the hopper on the RCBS chargemaster, twice. So when I refilled for the next powder it came running out the side.
Haha, have done something similar with the lee powder measure that goes on the press. Taken it off and left the hole open, powder everywhere lol

Worse powder spills, luckily, were just a piece of none primed brass sneaking through. Powder drizzling out the bottom on the way to the loading block after charging.
Some people say they prime while watching TV. I can not do that. Invariably, I'll drop a piece of unprimed brass in with the primed brass. Hand gun brass gets primed by the 100. Priming in front of the TV looses one time to inspect brass.

I have done the RCBS charge master powder dump one time. Now I leave a piece of blue tape on it. Then I can't bump it when moving things around and get the "where the hell did all this powder come from moment ". :s0160:

So answer if this was a hand loading mistake or a chi-com plot.

I'd purchased a nice SKS and was shooting some sweet reloads. Somewhere in the second mag, the "bang" was not the usual I'd been used to and the bolt did not close on the next round. As I pulled back the bolt, I noticed unburned powder EVERYWHERE! Obviously the primer went off, but didn't ignite the powder. The bullet made it just to the end of the chamber and stuck tight. I pounded it out from the muzzle and have never had that happen again. Thoughts?

So answer if this was a hand loading mistake or a chi-com plot.

I'd purchased a nice SKS and was shooting some sweet reloads. Somewhere in the second mag, the "bang" was not the usual I'd been used to and the bolt did not close on the next round. As I pulled back the bolt, I noticed unburned powder EVERYWHERE! Obviously the primer went off, but didn't ignite the powder. The bullet made it just to the end of the chamber and stuck tight. I pounded it out from the muzzle and have never had that happen again. Thoughts?
Sounds like you just met "Mr. Squib", not to be confused with Mr. Pibb, Coca Cola's aborted attempt to compete with Dr. Pepper years ago. What kind of powder and how old were the sweet reloads?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top