JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Somehow I didn't properly place the bullet so that it flipped sideways while entering the seating die on a Dillon 550 progressive.

I had a nice rhythm going too! I stopped moving the handle as soon as I felt abnormal resistance.

What surprises me is that the case, rather than buckling, actually cut into the bullet embedding itself tightly in place. The bullet is not a thinly plated projectile but is a 9mm 115gr. Speer TMJ which has a rather stout jacket.

This puppy is a keeper and will be archived for histories sake by going into my reloading "object lesson" box.

This puppy is a keeper and will be archived for histories sake by going into my reloading "object lesson" box.
I have those right on the Loading table! In plain view. Luckily, all I have is a 9mm that was put into the mag of a .40 CZ SP 01 and fired. It's lop-sided .40 cal at the top half. And a piece of .38sp brass that was fired with a double charge. Most likely 231.

As is this one that adorns my shelf of
":s0001:WTH:s0001:"
4FD471C1-F869-425C-A439-17F088A800F6.jpeg
BBC8E574-E59B-4EB1-BDFB-D3325A38F86A.jpeg

Last Edited:
Somehow I didn't properly place the bullet so that it flipped sideways while entering the seating die on a Dillon 550 progressive.

I had a nice rhythm going too! I stopped moving the handle as soon as I felt abnormal resistance.

What surprises me is that the case, rather than buckling, actually cut into the bullet embedding itself tightly in place. The bullet is not a thinly plated projectile but is a 9mm 115gr. Speer TMJ which has a rather stout jacket.

Wholly crap! They do exist!
Slap my brass and call me unsurely!

Not my finest hour, but I had several lots of brass, some were ready for powder others just have been tumbled. Somehow managed to grab a lot that had spent primers in it still. I thought they had been sized and reprimed already but I charged each and every case of that lot and only came to realize the problem when I went to seat the first bullet. I was pretty frustrated at the fact I did it. Charging with powder is my least favorite step as I take extra time to try and ensure consistency in the charges for good accuracy at extended distances.

And here I thought the Colt loading gate was on the other side. :eek:

I hope your hand and other body parts are still doing well. ;)

*PS Does dry balling a muzzle loader count as a, "Handloading error" ? :s0092:

Last Edited:
the old revolver was the only injured party, did not even notice it had happened other than the target was not hit... never found any trace of the part than flew away... check that powder charge, then check again...

double charge of an inappropriate powder... lesson learned... don't think that any of them will not come apart if the wrong stuff is used and attention drifts when loading... this happened 25 years ago...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top