SHARE act passess House committee and goe sto the floor for a vote!

Discussion in 'Firearm Legislation & Activism' started by tiggers97, Sep 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. tiggers97

tiggers97
    United States

SHARE (Sportsmen’s Heritage and Recreational Enhancement) not only includes a lot of good tidbits for hunters and such, but also includes the Hearing Protection Act. I.e. reducing the amount of red-tape it takes to purchase a suppressor.

Be sure to contact your local congressperson and tell them their voters ask that they pass it. Yes, even the gun-grabber ones as well. They need to know their gun-control position isn't as popular as they think it it.

Links to share!
    Oregon Link
    Washington
    Idaho

Some info about the act

2. tiggers97

tiggers97
    United States

And for you cspan junkies, a link to the hearing that took place earlier. Please be sure to share and spread the word! It only took me a couple minutes to send off an email to my own rep. She is probably going to vote against it, regardless of anything gun related in the bill anyways. But why not make it as difficult for her to pull the lever as possible?

3. RicInOR

RicInOR
    Washington County
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

4. ma96782

ma96782
    Vancouver, WA

Well I urged my congresswoman to vote YES on H.R. 3668, the SHARE Act.

Aloha, Mark

5. tiggers97

tiggers97
    United States

Got an email from my 'favorite' gun control group this morning; Gabby and friends! I'll spare everyone the 'sky will fall, puppies will die if this becomes law' hand wringing, and just remind like minded people that the vote in the house is coming up soon. Let your reps know (the bill includes a lot of other good stuff, not just suppressor regulation) by calling, email, letter, pony express. Do not let just the antis get a word in.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

URGENT: We expect the House of Representatives to vote on legislation to deregulate firearm silencers before the end of the month. Tell Representative Suzanne Bonamici to vote NO: https://americansforresponsiblesolutions.org/stop-silencers

6. Jeedia

Jeedia
    Tacoma, WA

This a great step In the right direction.

7. CountryGent

CountryGent
    Southern Oregon
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

It is beginning to appear this has a good chance of making through the House. From what I read, it could receive consideration as soon as September the 25th. Alas, the Senate is going to be a tougher challenge.

And, having read the bill, agreed; beyond reclassifying silencers as Title I firearms, there are other very good aspects to this legislation. Here's hoping it is signed into law.

8. The Heretic

The Heretic
    Oregon

Q: Will I be able to legally make suppressors myself for my own use and possession (not for transfer) without any BGC/4473/etc.? Would it need to be serialized if I do not transfer it?