JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone read what happened yesterday? a private citizen was standing in a starbucks getting coffee, exercising his right to open carry a sidearm, like 2 billion others do, and pierce county feels they have a right to demand he give him his drivers license and info, the man declined politely expressing he was doing nothing wrong, he was immediately detained and questioned for nothing other than THIS ! He was not suspected of anything, he just had a open carry. and yet he even possessed a CPL. : Im BUBBLEGUM BUBBLEGUMMED over this..

in a interview PCS said "We have the right to question anyone that we feel is putting the public in jeopardy and posing a threat "

Sorry I call BUBBLEGUM..That cop had a hard on for open carry, this guy goes in this coffee shop every day and starbucks even told the cop that.

If you disagree TAKE THE TIME to write an email.

[email protected]

PASS THIS ON FACEBOOK, EVERYWHERE, PEOPLE NEED TO PROTECT THEIR RIGHTS.

Cops stop me and ask me for my information all the time. I'm not sure if it's how I look, or the hours I keep, or the neighborhood I've always lived in, but at least every few months I will be asked for my license and information by an officer. Sometimes they're real friendly about it, sometimes they're real bubblegums about it, but the one thing I've learned after all these years is that if you say anything except "Yes, sir," you are going to have a real bad time. Sounds to me like another case of someone being a jerk to a cop, then acting amazed that a police's feelings are just as volatile as anyone else's.

Cops stop me and ask me for my information all the time. I'm not sure if it's how I look, or the hours I keep, or the neighborhood I've always lived in, but at least every few months I will be asked for my license and information by an officer. Sometimes they're real friendly about it, sometimes they're real bubblegums about it, but the one thing I've learned after all these years is that if you say anything except "Yes, sir," you are going to have a real bad time. Sounds to me like another case of someone being a jerk to a cop, then acting amazed that a police's feelings are just as volatile as anyone else's.

+1:s0155:

Well, OP does say the citizen "declined politely." Of course, this is only hearing one side of the story but with the information we have it doesn't *sound* like he was being a jerk.

If you walk around a bunch of sheepleand you look like the big bad wolf being armed) expect people to react. People are ignorant the see a big bad gun and think its going to jump from the holster and shoot up the shop...You know like on TV..so if you walk around armed (which I do) keep it ciovered you'll have less problems. If an officer ask for you I.D. show it to him. Youhave to know he was responding to a call from some libertard that a man was buying coffee with a gun on his hip. Dont sturr crap and it wont splash on you.....Just my opinion:s0155:

according to the starbuck's employees interview the citizen was very appropriate. i still disagree with how they handled it, we shouldnt have to be harassed by exercising a legal right.

Listen the the audio... This is of the ACTUAL encounter.

<broken link removed> ... file;id=70

The man was very polite but firm about his rights, pierce county screwed up.

when its ok with us for them to give more bubblegums about respect than our constitutional rights then we can change the name of our country to some 3rd world country.

You must be 18 years or older with no felony crimes on record to possess a firearm. Just as a server of alcohol can ask you for ID, so can a police officer for someone who is carrying a firearm.

Any law enforcement officer can ask you for ID. However, if you are a US citizen- you are not required to carry any ID on you and all you have to do is tell any LEO that you are a citizen of the US and are not required to carry ID. Nevertheless, under certain cercumstances, they can detain you to ensure you are who you say you are (I.E. if you are near a boarder of another country, match the description of a subject wanted for questioning in a crime, ect.).

When asked for ID from a police officer you are REQUIRED to give your FULL NAME and DATE OF BIRTH.

The LEO did not do anything wrong, the man should have shown his ID, let the police look it up and he would have been on his way. However, if he provided ID, did not commit any crimes and was still detained- then, and only then, would this have been considered as unlawful detainment.

I swear, some of you guys just like stirring up pots to see what floats to the top. You're like kids that poke at a hornet's nest, then go crying to everyone when you get stung.

What does it hurt, to show your ID? NOTHING. Yeah yeah yeah....no probable cause and all that, but I've found that a little sugar will be better than vinegar.

People need to be careful. Publicity like this MAY end up getting state law changed. Then what will you have? No open carry, that's what. Rights are rights. Right is also a very gray area.

Remember who runs this freakin' weenie state.

I also don't see what the big deal is about showing them your ID. Why do you wanna be a jerk off to a cop? Do you think it's gunna get you anywhere? That's like you trying to do your JOB, and somebody else, say your customer, it just being a dick, making your day hard. Are you gunna give that person a "special deal" you could have? NO. Quit being little tools and just work with them. They are not just going to change there ways because everybody refuses to coperate. Cops have more power than you, your gunna get the short end of the stick if you try and be a tuff guy, right or wrong. Some of you are WAY to into your "rights". If he would have shown it to him, he'd still have his rights, and his coffee, now he just has a wasted day at the police station. What a D-Bag.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top