JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
but that's a bit of a lame argument because that can go for both sides, I

Not really. The (D) for decades has been the "get out the vote" party. It's all about numbers. There are more have-nots than haves. The (D) focus on the have-nots (immigrants, the poor, students). (D) promise freebies to these client constituencies then get them to turn out to vote. The clients vote for (D) because it's the party that delivers the freebies. (D) used to be the party that largely represented blue collar worker votes. When American manufacturing disappeared, they had to shift focus to remain viable.

Another dismal metric; the number of Americans who hunt is dropping like a rock. All the smart conservationist organizations are sounding the alarm. It's safe to say hunters are for the most part gun owners and more likely to look out for their rights being infringed. None of that matters when there are less of them. Recruit, retain, reactivate is the town cry, maybe it will help, gotta try something. Try to have a serious discussion about hunting in the media, all they want to talk about is Cecil the lion gunned down by an evil hunter.

Not really. The (D) for decades has been the "get out the vote" party. It's all about numbers. There are more have-nots than haves. The (D) focus on the have-nots (immigrants, the poor, students). (D) promise freebies to these client constituencies then get them to turn out to vote. The clients vote for (D) because it's the party that delivers the freebies. (D) used to be the party that largely represented blue collar worker votes. When American manufacturing disappeared, they had to shift focus to remain viable.

I would agree that as a whole, low information D voters get out and vote more than other thinkers who might have voted against 1639, but without knowing exactly what the breakdown is by every legal aged voter in this state, if every legal age voter at that time in this state voted, I'm not sure which way that would have gone. I just am personally not aware of what 100% of voters think on these issues. I know that major city areas are deep blue, but I also am keenly aware that it doesn't take many miles outside major cities for people to start becoming sane again. Heck, there is still a stout minority of us still inside the city ;)

Long story short, I think we all agree we want more people who claim to care about their rights to get out and vote. Because yes, I too have to watch my words carefully when I become aware of a voter/gun enthusiast who was not aware of the 1639 vote. I'm merely saying, from a long term perspective, generations of children are largely being indoctrinated through the school system, it's a losing war if that isn't changed.

Precisely why the schools were Lenin's target-of-influence of choice.

Question is, how do we break the WEA's power and take them back?

Well, I went into teaching for one, and despite how I disagree with 99% of the unions views on most things, I joined up because as a teacher you automatically get protection in any type of accusations that would require a lawyer. Kids/parents today are too sue happy to try and be in a classroom without that kind of protection.

But really, from a broader scale, I'd say parents need to get a lot more involved with what is going on at schools, then beyond that, have more American freedom loving teachers go into education at all levels.

Because it truly is indoctrination at all levels.

despite how I disagree with 99% of the unions views on most things

The NEA is one of the last labor strongholds and they cleave to (D) because that is the party from which their power flows. Largest labor union in the US. At one time, (D) had all that support from the blue collar labor unions. Now these are mostly neutered. The residual strength of unionism lies in public employee unions. They have a lot of power that has been given to them over the years by (mostly)(D) politicians.

BUT: As an employee and a worker, you have to do what is in your best interest. No doubt there are many non-believer members of the NEA, but I imagine these to be in the minority. Gun-owning public employees often find themselves to be politically conflicted. And not just over the 2A issue.

My thoughts about teaching these days are that it's become a kinda tough racket. A lot of discretion that used to fall to teachers has gone away. In the same manner that has happened to police. These employees would do well to understand that a lot of this has come from the same source that has been their ally on compensation issues.

It's time to flip the gun "union"

Guys like Neil Knox and Oliver North have been fighting this battle for decades and losing. There is a LOT of money involved. When you try to tip comfortable playhouses into the water, their occupants fight back strenuously. In this sense, the NRA resembles a government organization.

There is a whole bunch of people finding out about buying guns.
Now they all want a gun because of CV19.
But they can't get one .
And now they stand at the gun store looking like a dope.
And saying all that stuff I heard on CNN .
about how easy it was to buy a gun was a lie
LOL HAHAHA DOPES.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews