JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Had a chat with several coworkers in regards to this ("the big shake - up"), and may have actually interested a few into taking a little action.

Conversation was a simple one in regards to having a 72hr kit always at the ready in case there was any type of issue. Used the CA wildfires as an example where some folk only survived escaping there homes with the clothes on there backs.

Kept the convo simple.

Have copies of important documents, policies, diplomas, family histories, medical histories, contact #'s etc in the bag. Digital format is easy enough to do these days, plus can video the house & anything in it for insurance.

A few changes of clothes, season dependent. Simple outerwear, season dependent. Some snacks & 3 gallons of water setting near it. Per person. Plus pet food/treats.

Didn't get into firearms / personal safety / protection at all. As that is up to the individual (they all know I'm a 2A guy, a few of them are as well).

We had the bus evacuation drill the end of 1st period, an earthquake drill the beginning of 2nd period and a lock-down drill the end of 2nd period. I still think we should have thrown in a surprise fire drill 3rd period, just for fun.

On a side note, I really think businesses (especially stores) should do this.

The extent of my quake preparation was to get on Facebook and make fun of the people hiding under their cubicle desks and taking selfies and posting them. My ridicule consisted of taunting them about ceilings smashing their desk and then their heads like the elephants stomping their fall pumpkins at the zoo.

Since there was no power outages, no traffic jams, no looting, no gas fed fires, no grid failures, no water and sewer failures, no bridges and overpass collapse's, then I would say the simulations were a complete waste of time and money, but all the government people got to take some time off to catch a smoke not on their coffee break.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top