JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Howdeedoo!

I am coming back to shooting after a 8 years absence, hoping that I will have some free time to get back into shooting if I can afford retirement.

We moved from San Ramon, CA to Salem about three weeks ago and I am in the process of learning the ropes of being a firearms enthusiast in Oregon versus California.

I came to this forum to learn about the local vendors and firearms activities.

I am primarily a revolver shooter and enjoy marksmanship and noncompetitive involvement in competitive (say what?) action shooting like ICORE and IPSC. More recently I've purchased M1 Garands from CMP and am becoming interested in some rifle shooting as well.

Welcome. Oregon's laws are much simpler and less restrictive than California's. We don't have many of the restrictions and legal hoops such as registration regarding firearms ownership.

Thanks all. I'm looking forward to experiencing the Oregon freedoms.

doobee8, I guess that would be in contrast to California's "If you can imagine it we can ban it"?

BillM, I'll be looking forward to the ICORE activities. My revolver shooting "career" was a brief 4 years. It began with real concerns in 1998 that a meth freak with a San Quentin history might show up on our doorstep and ended with purchase of a house that needed all my non commute time and most of my income in 2002. During that time I discovered IPSC and ICORE and started the Richmond Hotwheel ICORE chapter. I can't shoot worth a darn, but had lots of fun.

I also did volunteer work and shot at IRCs in Morro Bay. Unfortunately Jerry Miculek beat me all three times. On the upside, S&W's lavish support allowed me to acquire an M66 and a PC 627 V-comp.

civilian75, thank you for the link and info.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top