SF Bay area escapee

Reactions
Howdeedoo!

I am coming back to shooting after a 8 years absence, hoping that I will have some free time to get back into shooting if I can afford retirement.

We moved from San Ramon, CA to Salem about three weeks ago and I am in the process of learning the ropes of being a firearms enthusiast in Oregon versus California.

I came to this forum to learn about the local vendors and firearms activities.

I am primarily a revolver shooter and enjoy marksmanship and noncompetitive involvement in competitive (say what?) action shooting like ICORE and IPSC. More recently I've purchased M1 Garands from CMP and am becoming interested in some rifle shooting as well.

Reactions
Welcome. Oregon's laws are much simpler and less restrictive than California's. We don't have many of the restrictions and legal hoops such as registration regarding firearms ownership.

OP
GuyBMeredith
Reactions
Thanks all. I'm looking forward to experiencing the Oregon freedoms.

doobee8, I guess that would be in contrast to California's "If you can imagine it we can ban it"?

BillM, I'll be looking forward to the ICORE activities. My revolver shooting "career" was a brief 4 years. It began with real concerns in 1998 that a meth freak with a San Quentin history might show up on our doorstep and ended with purchase of a house that needed all my non commute time and most of my income in 2002. During that time I discovered IPSC and ICORE and started the Richmond Hotwheel ICORE chapter. I can't shoot worth a darn, but had lots of fun.

I also did volunteer work and shot at IRCs in Morro Bay. Unfortunately Jerry Miculek beat me all three times. On the upside, S&W's lavish support allowed me to acquire an M66 and a PC 627 V-comp.

civilian75, thank you for the link and info.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Seattle, WA, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom