JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Only if the power stays on. I'll be somewhat amused if the grid ends up not being able to support all the demand this weekend.
I think we will be ok here. I think the proximity of the dams/BPA/etc. helps. Neighbor works for ACE and they have been doing a lot of work on the dams - upgrades and such. Of course, the dams are just the source for the grid, but I get the impression that the grid in PNW is ok when it comes to heavy loads. Wind storms/ice/etc., not so much.

We just camped over at the coast (Beverly Beach) for the week and it was great, wish I could have found another camp site and stayed the weekend! Family was getting a little cranky. Stay safe fellow lead slingers

_nc_ohc=BLQ7fvgTDbQAX8Q9RgI&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Or a cold fruit smoothie

That's not a bad thing IMO. As long as she obeys commands and stays off the kitchen counters.
Yes and no. She's almost as tall as me on her back paws (5'7"). I don't leave her alone in the kitchen with food out, anywhere, any longer.

With how often she's brought back moles and rabbits, I'm surprised she doesn't eat the cats. If it gets super hot this weekend, she's the one I'm most worried about. Easily overheated on a short hike at 80 degrees. She looks German but she's a husky through and through.

Yes and no. She's almost as tall as me on her back paws (5'7"). I don't leave her alone in the kitchen with food out, anywhere, any longer.

With how often she's brought back moles and rabbits, I'm surprised she doesn't eat the cats. If it gets super hot this weekend, she's the one I'm most worried about. Easily overheated on a short hike at 80 degrees. She looks German but she's a husky through and through.
The old saying goes, that you can trust a dog with your children, your life and your house, but not your sandwich. :D

No joke, I used to hang out in the 104 degree hot tub, during the day, in Phoenix, in summer. That and Bikram Yoga will make a hot day actually feel cool for awhile.

This is a "dispersed" camping site up by Lost Lake:

View attachment 980452

Great little creek to hang out by. Our next trip there, I plan to hike up and downstream a ways to see what's there.

My wife is working the PDX Night Market, so we'll be sticking around here for the weekend. She's hoping the AC they promised will cool the place off enough to keep her resin artwork from melting!

I know where this is.

Can you even get up there yet?

A lot of my favorite places in the woods are in that area. I know you can access it from 2 routes.

We just camped over at the coast (Beverly Beach) for the week and it was great, wish I could have found another camp site and stayed the weekend! Family was getting a little cranky. Stay safe fellow lead slingers
I love the big blue swamp cooler. There is suppose to be onshore breeze coming up the Juan that should moderate here by at least 10 degrees over the Seattle metro area.

View attachment 980684

Or a cold fruit smoothie
The blender is out! (non alcoholic, of course!)

[...]

My older lab never thought to dare, my new pup had to learn it the hard way.

I would like to think I'm well prepared for this. I moved to WA from CA early last year and one of the very first thing I did was to install better insulation (closed cell spray foam on the attic, it's now a conditioned space). Once that is done I purchased solar panels and Powerwalls from Tesla. The solar panels are great because not only do they generate electricity, they are also mostly installed on the sunniest part of your roof and provides an additional layer of shade which brings down the temperature further.

The system I purchased has 3 Powerwalls so I'm pretty well set to run my AC all day if I have to during a power outage, and with the sun so bright with no clouds, the solar panels are actually generate excess energy so my AC can be running but I'm exporting electrical energy back to the grid at the same time.

The system is new though, so far it has been running well and we'll see how it handles the 100+ degrees condition this weekend and on Mon.

Whats funny to me is how few people understand what having a nice big tree shades your house from the heat. On my street I am the only one for blocks that has trees. One on the south side and one on the west side. Big maple trees that are great for shade in the summer.

I can hear my neighbors AC kick on hours before I need it on. I love trees even though I rake leaves in the fall.

of course yall know that hot weather will be blamed as a climate emergency with all the joys the tyrants can think of to push on us.

Sadly they do nothing about our power infistructure but climate change gets the blame.

Whats funny to me is how few people understand what having a nice big tree shades your house from the heat. On my street I am the only one for blocks that has trees. One on the south side and one on the west side. Big maple trees that are great for shade in the summer.

I can hear my neighbors AC kick on hours before I need it on. I love trees even though I rake leaves in the fall.
Rake leaves in the fall? Isn't that why God created money and neighborhood kids? :s0092:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top