JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I remember the summer days stationed in 29 palms.
My daughter's Tahoe and front yard at 29 Palms a few years ago !

IMG_0177[1].JPG

If Santiam Pass (usually the coldest part of the drive towards Sisters) is gonna be in the 90s..... that looks like Sisters/Bend would be even hotter?
Hard to say. Lots of variations and micro climates around here.

Often times Lapine will be warmer than Bend or Redmond in the afternoon due to the sheer number of trees holding the heat in.

Heck I have left Lapine at times in the summer in the upper 80 or 90s and cruised up to Odell lake and higher and was having to wear a jacket in the topless Jeep !

A nice summer run is up to Obsidian butte at Newberry crater above Paulina Lake.

Newberry from East Lake last summer!
IMG_2076[1].JPG

IMG_2076[1].JPG

Last Edited:
Alsea city park just south of the river on HWY 34. Simply awesome.
Hwy 34 to Five Rivers, head into BLM land from there. Cool, plenty of creeks to soak the feet in. Puff balls should be coming up. The salaal berries won't be ready yet, but you should be able to find Salmonberry and perhaps Huckleberry. Beware of the faux huckleberry (serrated leaves).
Farther down, (Little Switzerland?), cross the river. Follow the FS road, takes you to Yachats river road. The Yachats river is another great place to soak and wade into. Once you hit the 101, you're toast, stuck behind land yachts and beached whales.

@Ura-Ki , beautiful GSD. Part Newfie?
Nope, but he thinks he is! PXL_20210531_005224999.jpg PXL_20210531_001529818.jpg
Besties for ever!

Thankfully, you can drive around the woods and find a creek almost anywhere. At least in my neck of the woods. I'll be turning the temp on the hot tub down to 96 degrees too in the case I need to jump in after being out at the Trash No Land clean up on Saturday.

View attachment 980242

No joke, I used to hang out in the 104 degree hot tub, during the day, in Phoenix, in summer. That and Bikram Yoga will make a hot day actually feel cool for awhile.

This is a "dispersed" camping site up by Lost Lake:

IMG_9920.JPG

Great little creek to hang out by. Our next trip there, I plan to hike up and downstream a ways to see what's there.

My wife is working the PDX Night Market, so we'll be sticking around here for the weekend. She's hoping the AC they promised will cool the place off enough to keep her resin artwork from melting!

My weather monitor says 74. Not too bad.
Mid to high 60s right now, but it will get a lot warmer as the day progresses. I have all the windows and doors open and a fan in a door to to cool down the house as much as possible, then I will close things up when it warms above inside temps, turn on the small AC unit I have, and shelter in place.

So far I am only a little tired and sore, especially the arm I got the shot in, so I don't think that second Moderna shot is going to make me sick.

Hard to say. Lots of variations and micro climates around here.

Often times Lapine will be warmer than Bend or Redmond in the afternoon due to the sheer number of trees holding the heat in.
In my experience the trees help cool any environment. I used to ride by a small park in Bellevue on my motorcycle on hot days and you could feel the oxygen and cooler air. Trees are big columns of water, especially the conifers (but the deciduous trees give more shade).

Mid to high 60s right now, but it will get a lot warmer as the day progresses. I have all the windows and doors open and a fan in a door to to cool down the house as much as possible, then I will close things up when it warms above inside temps, turn on the small AC unit I have, and shelter in place.

So far I am only a little tired and sore, especially the arm I got the shot in, so I don't think that second Moderna shot is going to make me sick.
The second one damn near knocked my wife to the ground for a day. At the same time, my boss at work, I think, maybe, might have...sneezed. Once.

It's a crapshoot.

The second one damn near knocked my wife to the ground for a day. At the same time, my boss at work, I think, maybe, might have...sneezed. Once.

It's a crapshoot.
Being tired and sore is typical for me, whether I got a vaccine shot or not. This AM it is just more widespread and diffuse than usual, and especially the area where I got the shot, but then my whole right side is where I have a lot of issues due to my back injury and chronic back pain. Since the pain is diffuse and low grade, I am attributing it to the shot. If this is all there is then I will county myself lucky. I usually don't have any reaction to vaccines.

Ive been doing some excavation work under my house for a plumbing project. Its quite cool but the earthy musty smell ain't the best.

I took the opportunity to watch 'The Great Escape' with my helper/daughter. Harry goes to the kitchen, Tom to the bathroom.

Eta: her favorite line was 'we're 20 feet short!'. She said its a conversation we could have had.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads