JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm pretty sure the 210, 220, 226, 229 are good to go but was'nt there a problem with the 320 and 365? Have the issues been resolved? I have a early 229 and it's been great, I'm thinking about another Sig but I'm not sure about the 320 and 365. I think the 320 suffered with primer strike smear and broken firing pins and the 365 would sometimes fire if dropped. Set me straight please.

I think the problems you described were switched. The P320 had a drop-firing problem which has been fixed. The P365 has primer drag issues which were breaking strikers with early models. AFAIK, these issues have been resolved.

I preferred the 2022 over the 320, but thats hammer over striker fire. I found the 320 as good as any but kind of Honda Civic, like. Yes, you can change it's size but I would more likely just buy another gun. Because I always, just buy another gun.

I think the problems you described were switched. The P320 had a drop-firing problem which has been fixed. The P365 has primer drag issues which were breaking strikers with early models. AFAIK, these issues have been resolved.

correct, my mistake. Also I believe the 365XL has no primer drag.

My P365 is for summer carry. It is, by far, the easiest gun to carry with that kind of capacity. I installed a flat trigger and it feels incredibly similar to my P320 X-Compact.

My P320XC just fit my hand perfectly. I never understood what others meant by that phrase until I held one of these. I also like the features you get for the money like night sights, flat trigger, optics ready slide, etc.

I haven't had any problems with either and I feel confident carrying them. I am looking forward to getting my hands on a P226, though.

I forgot about the 320 drop firing problem, it's been resolved.
The 365 issues have been resolved from what I hear, but there is still some primer drag. It's not really an issue as the firing pin will still hold up to thousands of rounds.
Why buy a 320 and not a 220?
The 365 is good for a small gun, I'd get one.
The P229 is already among the 3 best sigs.
If it's glock or 320, I'd have a hard time choosing made easier by the magazine versatility of a glock... never thought I'd choose a glock over a sig, but if you have to have plastic...
For that matter the HK VP9 is pretty good looking too... for plastic I mean! :s0114:

I really, really want one of the new P225's and the P228 in Legion trim if I could dream. I'm broke right now, so neither is going to be finding their way into my stable any time soon.

I really, really want one of the new P225's and the P228 in Legion trim if I could dream. I'm broke right now, so neither is going to be finding their way into my stable any time soon.
I've been saying I'm going to get one for a couple years now...
One of these days!

I have 8 SIGs - all of them SA/DA

Personally, given a choice, I will take a DA/SA hammer handgun over a striker fired handgun any day - especially with the decocker, especially a 226 or 229 (because I can get Hogue rubber grips for them).

I just do not like striker fired guns; I have put thousands of rounds thru Glocks, and besides the ergos (which I did not like), I never cared for their triggers. Shot a Kahr and a Beretta striker fired pistol too - didn't care for their trigger either. Can't speak for SIG striker handguns, but I can't imagine that they would be good as a DA/SA SIG.

I don't care for SIG plastic framed guns either - I have a 2022 and I just to not like the balance (top heavy) or the feel during firing.

YMMV

Last Edited:
I like mines:

5CA6B048-75B8-425E-B196-AF14101C3C80.jpeg

I've got the Sigs you raise questions about. Mine never exhibited any of the issues. My 365 is going near 2000 rounds with zero malfunctions.
My 320Rx more than that, and the only issue is running low on cases of 9mm ammo.

Those E2 grips make a world of difference in comfort! I would happily take a 229 over a 228. There are really good deals to be had on 40 cal Sigs at places like CDNN and Summit Gun Broker but I hate the .40. Sub $500 229's and 220's with E2 grips though... wish I had the spare coin to get one!
The grip conversions are cheap tho, like $50-$70... been thinking about doing it to my MK25.
I'm waiting for an order to come in from Sportsman's guide, since they're about $500 shipped...
Alas, I'm still broke every time one comes around.
I swear people smell money when I have it.

The grip conversions are cheap tho, like $50-$70... been thinking about doing it to my MK25.
I'm waiting for an order to come in from Sportsman's guide, since they're about $500 shipped...
Alas, I'm still broke every time one comes around.
I swear people smell money when I have it.

Before I sold my last P220, I was really tempted to do the E2 conversion, but I had an older gun that required more than just grip panels to retrofit for the grips - IIRC some guns require a different decocker lever and spring, there might've been one or two other parts that needed swapping out too. Sig really got the ergos right on the E2.

My EDC is the P365. LOVE it! I shoot it as well or better than the full-size 9's. I also love the P365 and my P226 which I carried for 23 years on-duty. The P226 has a funky long trigger but once you master it, it's a dependable well made platform. ZERO malfunctions in over 20 years of service. ;)

Sig USA vs Sig of old (aka Sig Germany)

That's what's really going on here.

Before I sold my last P220, I was really tempted to do the E2 conversion, but I had an older gun that required more than just grip panels to retrofit for the grips - IIRC some guns require a different decocker lever and spring, there might've been one or two other parts that needed swapping out too. Sig really got the ergos right on the E2.
The one sig has up for $68 includes the decocker lever, but I think the spring is the same.
Honestly I think changing out the decocker is a bigger set back to applying the E2 to my MK25, I don't want to change it too much.
I was really jealous when my dad bought a P226 with the E2 grip. E2's make a good feeling gun a great feeling gun!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top