JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sessions pushes prosecutions for those who lie on gun background checks

Sessions = Jeff Sessions US Attorney General
Lie on the 4473, he wants you prosecuted. It is a felony to lie.
Regardless of the outcome of the background check.

I can't say I disagree with this approach. How will they handle those who didn't know they were lying? I didn't see it in the article, but fail the background check and then what ... further investigation?

And we know the whole of the process is not very good today.

If they can't do their jobs now in regards to BGC, and I'm referencing the recent Florida shootings, how are they going to have enough manpower to investigate 4473's...???

First, how will they know if a person lied.? Will the FFL have a hotline to call in a failed BCG?...

To many unanswered questions at this point...

If they can't do their jobs now in regards to BGC, and I'm referencing the recent Florida shootings, how are they going to have enough manpower to investigate 4473's...???

First, how will they know if a person lied.? Will the FFL have a hotline to call in a failed BCG?...

To many unanswered questions at this point...
They don't have to catch all of them........just enough to put the fear of god into people thinking about lying on the form. It works every time it's tried. If you wanted to stop illegal immigration for instance, you shoot every 10th one coming over the border and don't tell anyone what number they are. You wouldn't have to use much ammo to solve the problem.

How will they handle those who didn't know they were lying?
How would someone not know they aren't lying on the 12 questions on form 4473?
IMG_2028.jpg

Good. Enforce the laws already on the books. We don't need new ones. What we have already only applies to law abiding anyway, criminals don't care.

I bet that Sessions will be seeking the portion of Medical Drug useage question, because of the legal in some states marijuana laws... I'm just thinking that's what he will go for...

When I was still selling guns at Joe' and later Dicks, you would be amazed at how often some one would fail the BGC and a frindly sheriff' deputy or city officer would come and take them away. You would also be surprised at how many straw purchases were caught and denied! I say the BGC works just fine when all the required data is present and up to date!

When I was still selling guns at Joe' and later Dicks, you would be amazed at how often some one would fail the BGC and a frindly sheriff' deputy or city officer would come and take them away. You would also be surprised at how many straw purchases were caught and denied! I say the BGC works just fine when all the required data is present and up to date!

I was at a local pawn shop last week, and there was a guy that was complaining that his BGC was taking too long, as two other people had applied and been approved while he was waiting. I heard the counter guy go "uh oh", when two State Police officers walked in the front door. They cuffed the guy and took him away for lying on the form about not being a felon.

I was at a local pawn shop last week, and there was a guy that was complaining that his BGC was taking too long, as two other people had applied and been approved while he was waiting. I heard the counter guy go "uh oh", when two State Police officers walked in the front door. They cuffed the guy and took him away for lying on the form about not being a felon.
This is important stuff.......it helps preserve the legal ownership and use of guns.

Good!

Respectfully ...

Another perhaps different point of view. "The Level Of Terror Must Be Maintained". What is it they do not understand about the simple words "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"?

They don't have to catch all of them........just enough to put the fear of god into people thinking about lying on the form. It works every time it's tried. If you wanted to stop illegal immigration for instance, you shoot every 10th one coming over the border and don't tell anyone what number they are. You wouldn't have to use much ammo to solve the problem.
They can also turn names to local LEOs. That would be good.

Respectfully ...

Another perhaps different point of view. "The Level Of Terror Must Be Maintained". What is it they do not understand about the simple words "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"?
Respectfully all rights in the BOR and Constitution have some limits. 2nd Amendment is no different. We're just arguing on where that line is. We have that M16s are not protected from Scalia. Presumably because they are full auto and fall under the very much constitutional NFA. the question now is does the AR 15 fall there or not and that is going to take a Supreme Court decision.

Pray for the oldsters there to die or retire.

Respectfully all rights in the BOR and Constitution have some limits. 2nd Amendment is no different. We're just arguing on where that line is. We have that M16s are not protected from Scalia. Presumably because they are full auto and fall under the very much constitutional NFA. the question now is does the AR 15 fall there or not and that is going to take a Supreme Court decision.

Pray for the oldsters there to die or retire.
The word is Kennedy is on the way out soon. It will be the time to go to the mat to get another young conservitive appointed. Now if we can just get rid of Ruth Ginsburg.

How would someone not know they aren't lying on the 12 questions on form 4473?
View attachment 439453

Is there a warrant out for your arrest?

How do you know? Most people don't know for sure, but they think they do. If you haven't got a parole officer or other reason to be checked, you might be surprised.

You might think you have had something removed from your record - expunged. It might not be, yet, in the system.

next is the "Are you an unlawful user of ..." many people in OR and WA answer NO even tho they smoke a bowl a day. Answering wrong because you are misinformed about the law.

We think this is an honest mistake, others think it is lying.

The need a system to clear this up with out destroying someones life.

How do you know? Most people don't know for sure, but they think they do. If you haven't got a parole officer or other reason to be checked, you might be surprised.

You might think you have had something removed from your record - expunged. It might not be, yet, in the system.

next is the "Are you an unlawful user of ..." many people in OR and WA answer NO even tho they smoke a bowl a day. Answering wrong because you are misinformed about the law.

They have destroyed there own lives. All of those issues are self inflicted.

It is possible not to know. Sometimes in plea deals the court misinformes people then years later they're stunned to get turned down. Not common but mistakes happen. Honest confusion should be excused.

I bet that Sessions will be seeking the portion of Medical Drug useage question, because of the legal in some states marijuana laws... I'm just thinking that's what he will go for...

That's my guess. Pour gas on the dying war on drugs.

He vehemently hates pot. I wonder if he has a sip of whiskey after dinner, probably not to hard to find some hypocrisy.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top