JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Maybe some know, but at one time the Service and/or Speed Six was the replacement for the old S&W M&P .38 Spl revolvers, for Army aircrews.

fb7d61ce-18a0-4a0f-8395-0cdd56a07da7_zpszbtqbl0m.jpg

I stumbled on this photo in my archives, a photo of the Army repair manual

If you ain't Cav, you ain't spit!

GEDC0375.jpg

WAYNO.
3/5 Air Cav.

Last Edited:
What timeframe for Army issue Rugers?

At the Aberdeen Proving Grounds Small Arms Repairman course in 1971, the only handguns we were trained to repair were the Colt 1911 and S&W .38 spl. The largest firearm covered in that course was a 20mm Hispano-Suiza cannon.

What timeframe for Army issue Rugers?

At the Aberdeen Proving Grounds Small Arms Repairman course in 1971, the only handguns we were trained to repair were the Colt 1911 and S&W .38 spl. The largest firearm covered in that course was a 20mm Hispano-Suiza cannon.

I attended my first course at Aberdeen, Aircraft Armament, in 1972. And when I was in the Air Cav, the Smith .38 was the only aircrew survival weapon. But they were old and well worn. I went back in 1982 for the Small Arms Repair course, and that's when I was trained on the Service/Speed Six.

WAYNO.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top