JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last Edited:
Decisions have consequences.

I have to assume there was language when they signed up for the bonus that there were conditions attached to it. Backing out would result in relinquishing rights to that bonus. If that doesn't exist, then they have a case to be pissed.

However, I also believe this is an extenuating circumstance and some sort of compromise should be reached. Simply telling a bunch of young adults who probably already blew it on hookers and 'blo to repay isn't going to result in a positive outcome for either party.

I don't agree with the Mil forcing them to choose service or the jab, but that's what happened and there's no changing it.

Last Edited:
I would assume that it is common knowledge that new recruits get a truckload of vaccines, even some that are not available to the general population, before they sign up. I mean, do you go to bootcamp and then say "Oh, I didnt know there would be exercise. I refuse"

Do they also not know that there is a chance the military will assign them to some desert with inadequate body armor and a bunch of guys with AK's will be shooting at them? There is literally a war with Russia going on and every other day they threaten us and these guys dont consider that an increased risk to their health?

You are literally signing up to be a bullet sponge and you are worried about a vaccine?

I would assume that it is common knowledge that new recruits get a truckload of vaccines, even some that are not available to the general population, before they sign up. I mean, do you go to bootcamp and then say "Oh, I didnt know there would be exercise. I refuse"

Do they also not know that there is a chance the military will assign them to some desert with inadequate body armor and a bunch of guys with AK's will be shooting at them? There is literally a war with Russia going on and every other day they threaten us and these guys dont consider that an increased risk to their health?

You are literally signing up to be a bullet sponge and you are worried about a vaccine?
Being a culture warrior seems to defeat rational opinions and behaviors… so I don't think the subject dischargees really thought about that stuff.

I don't remember ever being given an option when it came to being given injections or untested medications. Heck, I was given one before going to Afghanistan and was literally told that I was "part of the human trials the DOD agreed to take part in". No option there either.
But, with the sissy military they are trying to have, it won't be long before a PT test is optional.

I'd like to see how these morons deal with it when they get overpaid and DFAS takes it all back in one hit without warning them. Hope they dont waste money and keep a cushion in their account because it will happen.

A few things:

1) The amount to be repaid is prorated based on the proportion of the enlistment served, so it's not totally unfair in that sense.

2) Since the vaccine does not prevent infection or transmission, and the military population is generally young and healthy, and therefore, we are told, not at risk of severe disease, the policy of forcing them to receive it seems questionable.

3) Officers do not get enlistment bonuses, so they would not be affected.

Opinions on this? Personally I agree with FOX news that its a 'Kick in the face'.... AND considering the mandate was repealed....

Perhaps you should direct your ire to the likes of FOX, Epoch Times, Robert Kennedy Jr. and other outlets that promoted the lies and falsehoods about vaccines.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top