JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This bug has been fixed.
Accessed the site this morning on a Windows 7 desktop and an iPhone. Much improved performance wise. I am seeing the mobile version on the aforementioned phone.

What is strange is my Desk Top hasn't been in service for 2 1/2 years, yet after a 5 min round of updates, it automatically switched over to V4 on both sights and has been running flawlessly! Pretty much the same with my lap top! Weird!

Missed all the excitement, site seems to run just fine for me. Joe, are you going to do an AAR? I'm interested in what the actual problem was (and the steps that led you to figure it out).

Missed all the excitement, site seems to run just fine for me. Joe, are you going to do an AAR? I'm interested in what the actual problem was (and the steps that led you to figure it out).

Turns out it's been a combination of things, and we're not out of the woods yet. First we switched to Redis cache, which reduced our CPU usage from 50% to under 30%. Still not ideal to be at 30% but that's a huge decline. Next we found a big issue with the add-on that allowed us to have Popular Threads and Unanswered Threads in the Threads sidebar widget. We disabled those and our load dropped by double percentage points again. It's still much higher than it should be so we're still investigating, but this is much, much better than it was.

I'm seeing an improvement. Even as of yesterday, just hitting "like" could take a few seconds for the site to process. This morning, it seems to be working more quickly.

Every once in a while I get the spinning thing but way better than before. Usually for me Joe its when I'm trying to comment on a report or something to do with mod duties

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top