JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This bug has been fixed.
I'm sure all of you have noticed that the site hasn't been running very well performance-wise. My guess is that most chalk it up to NWFA V4, when in fact it's actually a server performance issue. A few days after the upgrade to NWFA V4 (July 18th to be exact) we migrated servers to what we were expecting to be a faster host (based on benchmarks). Unfortunately, this hasn't been the case.

This has a negative impact on everything, from page load speeds to the search being down and even the delay in typing text into the editor box.

We're working with the host to see if we can resolve these performance issues. If we can't we'll be switching hosts again, as this is unacceptable.

Thank you Joe for your efforts on making the site a great resource and for keeping it up and running as best as possible. I know it takes a lot of your time and effort and I personally appreciate it very much.

A "server performance issue"...maybe some sort of computer "blue pill" is needed...? :eek::D
Just kidding ...

I do understand the frustration here.
The "newness" of NWFA V4 and now this...
A lot of work and love goes into this forum...I hope the issues are resolved quickly.
Andy

Server is refusing to perform? Maybe I should have a little chat with it. Stand clear.

:s0025: LISTEN UP, YOU UNGAINLY GLOB OF PLASTIC! YOU WILL EITHER START GIVING US EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE OR I WILL RIP OUT ALL YOUR WIRES AND SHOVE THEM UP YOUR COVFEFE! AND THEN I WILL :s0124:. And, by the way, let me mention that as a female descendant of Celtic warriors, I have the power to invoke the dreaded "Cold Curse" -- "Cold hearth, cold loins, cold in battle, and a cold grave." ("Which," as my mother said as she imparted this knowledge to me, "pretty much covers it.") I have yet to set the curse on anyone or anything, but there's always a first time.

Last Edited:
Heads up everyone, we're switching hosts again this morning. Any disruptions will be temporary :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top