Serrated Cutco

joken

Reactions
My wife bought me a serrated cutco hunting knife and I don’t like it. It seems like the serrations load with fat etc and it doesn’t cut worth a darn. I’m wondering if it would be realistic to have someone that knows what they are doing remove the serrations?

Reactions
Hello,

I would ask the company if they would give you another knife due to the issues that you have with your knife.

I would NOT pay to have it changed.

I would want a NIB knife from the company with you returning what you have now.

If the company does NOT want to do this for you, I would get a new hunting knife that you picked out yourself in ANOTHER brand. I would keep the Cutco knife for some other kitchen or household use OR sell the knife.

I have heard and read about the name of the company, Cutco, but I have never owned the brand myself. I thought that company wanted it's customers to be 100% satisfied with their knives too. I do not know much about the Cutco company other than what I heard briefly and read in the past.

Best wishes to you.

Cate

Reactions
I’d grind it with a belt being careful of temp and angle.

These two knives are my go to when I head out to the grocery store, I mean, field and have done all I have needed:

Reactions
I have a set of cutco for the kitchen. Well over 10 years of use and never had the serrated ones sharpened since they have to be sent in. I sharpen the straight blades myself. Id try sending it in and see if it comes back better. Even after all these years I warn everyone before they use one at my house their still incredibly sharp and have had more than one person cut themselves using or washing one. Maybe yours was a dud

FourTeeFive

Reactions
We have some Cutco knives. I personally think they're a bit overpriced but they do hold an edge and are well made. Never had to deal with the company but I've heard their customer service is very good, so I'd contact them and explain the situation and see what they can do.

OP
joken

joken

Reactions
They told me they would sharpen it or replace it if it was too worn to sharpen. They said there the blade would be too small if they removed the serrations. I suppose I could go try to cut some rocks and then send it in, but I won't.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course Webinar (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Washington, USA
Rimfire Challenge Feb 13th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Vendor
    I have not been to the shop yet but have purchased from him online, and all I can say is PERFECT! You could not ask for a nicer, more helpful guy...
  • Paul A Martin Historical Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great shop, selection and atmosphere
    One of the better firearm shop experiences I’ve had, Paul is very patient and helpful. Definitely going to be a repeat customer even though it’s...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Service! A+
    Steve is a very nice guy and very easy to work with. I've done business with him a few times and will continue to.
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great guy!
    Steve is a great guy to deal with!
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Nice Home Shop
    Had what I wanted at a good price. Messaged me when in stock.
Top Bottom