Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Seriously considering getting off Facebook for OPSEC/PERSEC reasons.

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by Studio BK, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Studio BK

Studio BK Tualatin, OR Active Member

The Brandon Raub situation opened my eyes to the extent the "powers that be" are willing to go these days to shut us up and attack our 1st Amendment rights. Any of you thinking the same thing about getting off of Facebook? Am I just being paranoid or is this a valid concern you think?

2. Decker

Decker My house Active Member

Valid.

Burt Gummer, ATCclears, Bunny and 7 others like this.
  3. BDA.45

BDA.45 oregon Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Whats Facebook???

4. charros93

charros93 Puget Sound Active Member

I hear "they" are looking at those of us (including myself) that have no Facebook and have never had one. As if because I don't have one I must be hiding something right? :paranoid:

rocky3, Grunwald, Studio BK and 3 others like this.
  5. Studio BK

Interesting, never thought of that. But at least with that they can't use what you type on Facebook against you. I'm already on a list since I'm a military vet, so just trying to minimize my footprint.

6. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

They have many other ways to spy on you.... not just facebook. I for one have a facebook account and it does bother me knowing they can spy on me. Now that we have the NDAA they can just come up with any excuse and come a knocking. The problem is not facebook in my opinion, the problem is us.... we don't have the cojones to stand up and do something about it. Too many are lazy, brainwashed, and dumbed down.
    It's like when people say they wanna leave the country, where are you gonna go? the elite have control all over the world. If your house is on fire, you aren't gonna avoid the fire by running into your bathroom or bedroom. Being a member on here and leaving comments can provide them with info too you know.... just saying.

7. nwwoodsman

nwwoodsman Vernonia Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

They locked Brandon Raub up in the funny farm just for talking about doing something. He's not the first and he sure won't be the last to have a mental hold placed them for excercising their 1st and 2nd amendment rights

Studio BK and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

There are these things called 'proxies'. Learn to use them.

9. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

Be sure to read up on a few guides on how to get the account permanently deleted. You want to make sure it's a hard delete, not just a soft delete.

10. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I don't put stupid bubblegum on Facebook... no problem

11. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I heard something on the radio today about hackers that released a crap ton of apple ID'
    They hacked from the FBI to show the FBI is tracking us.

12. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Stupid Apple product users.

13. Studio BK

That's my problem. I have a hard time ignoring all the ignorant sheeple posts about how Obama is our savior. Which is why I'm thinking it's best that I'm not even on FB anymore or at least not until the election is over with.

14. Ben Beckerich

My take on these things is that it's up to the individual to decide for himself if there's a problem. Some guys would say you should just exercise some self-control, or de-friend all these libtards you're apparently Facebook friends with... just like some people say some guys should just moderate their drinking, or only hit their wives a little bit. But a man knows himself better than internet strangers, and if you think you have a problem and need to quit cold turkey, well then brother I say let the dry-heaves a heave.

15. timac

timac Loading Magazines! Well-Known Member

If you follow the herd stay on Facebook, if not leave.

16. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Yeah I am aware... it's a shame. What I meant with my comment was that if we the people didn't allow the government to get this far.... if we nipped it at the butt sooner... things probably wouldn't have gone as far a they have gone now. When they passed the NDAA we should have taken to the streets. They are crapping on our constitutional rights and not a lot of people are aware because they are distracted..... oooooh house is on tonight, oooooh America's got talent is on..... ooooooh Apple got a new phone out. We could use the whole facebook thing as a tool against them though. I post stuff on my facebook account and if I can get one person to read or watch what I post, hopefully one less sheep out there.

17. Ben Beckerich

I never post anything political, and I generally ignore other peoples' political crap (it's usually wrong and ghey anyway). I post pictures that make me look like I have an awesome life, comments that make me look like a super gushy caring father and husband, and "like" all the retarded crap my boss posts.

Anything else is clear persec violation and asking for trouble.

keystir, wakejoe, Studio BK and 3 others like this.
  18. Studio BK

My thoughts exactly and herein lies the problem. In trying to convert clueless sheeple and opening their eyes am I painting a huge target on myself? I'm thinking yes.

Bunny and (deleted member) like this.
  19. Decker

Decker My house Active Member

For those that want a fun oh poop moment. Go to www.profileengine.com and look yourself up. Outta give a few wake up moments...

20. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

+1

The herd loves it servtitude and praises their own enslavement. Facebook is not a place for the thinking, rational, and non-delusional.

xd45acp, timac, Sgt Nambu and 7 others like this.